1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

game wont start

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by edy_1, Nov 18, 2007.

1. edy_1

edy_1 Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi im shure you have had these sort of questions all the time but here it goes,
    i have got six games for the psp that do not work (the simpsones,two different ones, juiced, three different ones, jackass, just one). some are .ISO nad some are .CSO but none of them work. i have befor used games like this on the psp and they worked but then stopped playing it for a while, now i am using it again and trying to use these games it does not work. on the simpsons one's it gets up to checking memory card and then goes onto a blank black screen and does nothing. with the others it just says the game canot be started. i have a UMD in the drive (game not movie) and have tried a few different UMD's but nothing. i have done exactly as i would when i used the other games. i have firmwere 3.03 OB-E.
    could anyone help please???

o could you also explaine it in sort of lamains terms, im not to good with all of this

2. cb0635

cb0635 Guest

you need to upgrade to a newer custom firmware like 3.52 m33 or 3.71 m33. these games will not work because they are all fairly new and so need a higher firmware

3. edy_1

edy_1 Guest

o, right. do you know were i could get these firmwere's from? how do i put it on the psp? (i never did the last one a friend that we no longer see did) and are there any problems that could arise (i have herd of a thing called bricking and it canot be resolved)

sorry to be a pain.

4. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

ok u will need to go back to 1.50

5. edy_1

edy_1 Guest

is this if it is bricked, or the first thing i should do? i didnt think you could downgrade

6. cb0635

cb0635 Guest

7. edy_1

edy_1 Guest

ok got 3.53 M33 (or is the other one better to go for). what next
    ps presume i will still be able to play my old games on this firmwere?

cheers

8. edy_1

edy_1 Guest

forget the last message, sort of understand what i am doing now. got the 3.52M33 put in on psp in an UPDATE folder in GAME folder but it says on the psp file corrupt. so i tried the other update, did exactly the same but again, says file corrupt. any ideas?

9. cb0635

cb0635 Guest

10. edy_1

edy_1 Guest

tried the 3.52 m33 did everything exactly to the instuctions but it did not work. i shall try the other one but will i be able to put 3.71 m33 on it after if that one works????

11. edy_1

edy_1 Guest

ok, its all done now. thanks for all the help anyway

cheers :D