1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game X Copy VS Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by omegasend, Mar 1, 2005.

1. omegasend

omegasend Member

Hey all,

has anyone used game X copy,granted I'm thinking that it came from the same folks that brought us dvdxcopy so wouldnt it be worth it?Alcohol120% has an option for playstation2 copying but it "sorta" work but the games take a bit longer to load.Take into account that I've burned using 2X,4X,8X and the same question pops up in my mind,what is the perfect speed for the ps2 to read at?Some say 2X and then others say 1X,anyone here can help me out on this?Oh btw does the new slim ps2 have a faster reader?

2. Mather

Mather Regular member

I think 1,2x are only speed to burn at.
    why u asked?
    i burn 3 games on 4X and it skips or dont even load until i retry and burned it on 2x and it works GREAT. GREAT i say.

3. omegasend

omegasend Member

so I guess 8X is out of the question then.I've just finish burning a game at 1.9X/2X on DVD derypter with a 8X blank DVD+R hope it work (^^)

4. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

gamesxcopy is a great program. never had any issues what so ever!

5. philipman

philipman Regular member

I burn at 8x and I have no problems also I like 120% It is free and game x copy has no updates and will not copy newer pc games or so I have herd.

6. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

alcochol 120 % is not free , so i guess u not using it for long otherwise u would know

7. carlrx7

carlrx7 Member

is there a way to override a drives speed setting. my plextor will burn 4x 6x and 8x . i wish it had 1x or 2x throw me a bone.

carl.