1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gameboot Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Pud1000, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Pud1000

Pud1000 Regular member

For some reason whe i go into F0 and into vsh/resorse and i put in a new gameboot.pmf file i always get the same one-Plain white psp

2. surfgeko

surfgeko Member

Same, if you mean that it is just plain white, not moving, with the psp logo.

anyone?

3. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

remember that the size of the .pmf matters...if the one you installed is larger than the original, it may not work, and in some cases, it can semi-brick a psp...

use this:
    GB Path Mod

it will make it so you dont have to flash your gameboots, and it will prevent that white screen from comming up, just remember to delete the original "gameboot.pmf" from your f0:/vsh/resource, after you run the app...

I have it on OE-C right now....one of the best tools for easy Gameboot swaping....

hope this helps

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

If your finding it hard to follow that tutorial...try this one. http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7357
    It has pictures to show you what you should be seeing at most stages of your process.

Its the same one i had posted on here a while back...don't know what happened to it though.

5. Pud1000

Pud1000 Regular member

thank you guys-ill have to give em a try

6. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

get the "free up flash 0 space" app, it releases 2.5mb of f0 space by removing japanese fonts. 2.5mb is more than enough space for a gameboot.

@gasconade,

i didnt think that putting a bigger gameboot on could result in a brick *worried*

7. paul91

paul91 Regular member

yeh that is wrong coz most of my gameboots are bigger than the originals and all work perfectly.

the reason flashing a bigger gameboot could brick your psp is because there would not be enough space in flash0 to store the new, bigger one. thats why freeing up the 2.5mb of flash0 space really does help

8. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

dont think thats entirely correct, i have placed like 512kb gameboots in and if its over the F0 Space it just shows you the plain white gameboot.

9. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

not necissarily...if you already have that 2.5 megs of free space mod then it wont matter to you; der...im talking about large gameboots on a stock OE-C (no rco's touched no prxs added).....the flash0 folder structure can only hold a certain amount before it starts getting all buggy and you accidently overwrite something....

10. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

yer if you overwrite something its almost a guaranteed brick

11. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

"semi-brick" no where did i say full brick, or brick....nothing to worry about if you are good in OE-C already...

12. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

that white screen means that your gameboot was deleted from vsh/resource alltogether....thats why i use the gbpath mod, cause i want to see how close to the original OE-C structure i can keep my psp, but still have it custom...w/o taking too much from her...."even the japanese fonts" call me old fashioned...

13. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

yer lol, i knew as soon as i posted that i put "brick" instead of "semi-brick" i just cudnt be bothered to edit my post and hoped that no one would realise lol

14. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

the white gameboot means that youve deleted it or the gameboot you have wrote over it with is biger than the original. luckily i keep a back up of my F0.

*wise*

15. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

verily :D

16. Pud1000

Pud1000 Regular member

THATS what the problem might be i have the reboot plugin and the dark alex update prx files. Mabey thats it, mabey not. I dunno.