1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube BBA Modification?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by coldasice, Feb 6, 2005.

1. coldasice

coldasice Guest

I've often heard that the reasons some games lag by the PSO/BBA method is being the GC BBA is somehow limited to....like....10kb second? Or is 10MB? Something to that effect. (yes, I know I'll be corrected on that one but please do so, so that I will have a more clear understanding) That would mean that Nintendo limited the amount of information that could be sent. If they put the limit on, is there any way to modify the BBA to take that limit off? To allow more information to be transfered? If the *average joe* can't figure it out, who would I have to take it to in order to have it figured out? If that was the case and the limit were removed, wouldn't every game play perfect? Thanks for taking the time to look over this message and answer.

P.S. what is the BEST Gamecube hacking site?

2. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

8 b = 1 B
    the max speed on the BBA is 100Mb, but the max bus speed on the cube is 3MB. the fastest the cube BBA will ever run even with a 1Gb BBA is 3MB. Also, PSO's software locks it at 10Mb. If you use a different program, it will run at the faster speed.

If there was a mod, it would be useless.