1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube Burning Media?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by 00lloyd, Jun 29, 2007.

1. 00lloyd

00lloyd Regular member

From all that I have read I understand that Ritek RiData G04 Mini DVD's are by far the best black discs for burning backups for the Gamcube. However living in the U.K there are no retailers that I have found that will sell them, other than buying from abroad which I will only resort to if there are no ther options, although it will mean waiting for weeks just for black dics. Therefore I ask is there anyone who has found adequate alternatives for burning backups?

P.S I have a XenoGC installed if that is any help.

2. cycon0

cycon0 Member

Maxell and Verbatim Mini DVD-R's work great too.

If you're lucky, those no-name Mini DVD's you can pick up cheap at your local shop may work too. If not, go for the 2 brands i listed above.

3. 00lloyd

00lloyd Regular member

Dam, I ordered some Verbs, then read that they don't work in GC's. So I cancelled the order and ordered some 'Ridisc 8cm 4x DVD-R's' which according to this site* are rebranded Ritek G04's although I'm not sure whether this only applies to the full size DVD-R's or the mini's aswell.

*http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=13691

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  4. cycon0

cycon0 Member

would you mind giving me a link to where you found out that verbatims don't work for the gamecube? I am interested by that statement because i have heard that they work perfectly.

5. 00lloyd

00lloyd Regular member

I honestly can't remember which of the millions of threads I read it off, I know it wasn't from a sticky. Soz.