1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameCube Emulation for PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by webwala, Dec 2, 2003.

1. webwala

webwala Member

Is it possible to get an emulator that will play GameCube games (preferably backups) on the PlayStation2?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

3. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

hi
    how can dat shit be possible i mean have you seen where the disc go around in the PS2 and in the Game Cube?
    hehehe the game cube ones they go left while the ps2 go to right have you noticed?
    of course it may be possible just got somebody design and construct a complicated multiconsole player and that thing will be possible one day im sure of it hehe

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

FYI: Gamecube discs do not spin backwards, however, they do read from the outside inwards. Kinda like an old record player. I know this because I'm able to backup and play the discs. There's a couple of threads here already dedicated to this topic.

5. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

Well yeah ya can do dat but ders one thing in common or can ya backup and play tha Legend of Zelda Windwaker?
    nope just the online ones right well dats the difference or can you?
    if you can why dont ya tell us darling?
    well enough see ya!=]

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

My Wind Waker backup works fine. Hesitates a little when going from one scene to another but not all that annoying.

7. matinzen

matinzen Member

Hey Icemonkey how can you backup GameCube games? First of all, as you mentioned, the disc is read from the outside in, how did you burn that? Secondly, where did you find a disc small enough to play in the GC? I'm just curious because if you really can backup GC games I would like to backup mine.

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

There is no way you can backup a GameCube game as of yet.When a better emulator comes along that lets you dump isoz to burn then it might happen otherwise no burning program now can back a GC game up.There is only upstreaming the game by broadband which sucks.On the subject of a GameCube emulator playing a PS2 game no it can't because they both have different signatures in the first place all games for the GameCube have a GameCube signature and the PS2 have there own also.A GameCube emulator was made to read the GameCube signature and doesn't read off other signatures for instance have you ever got a game for Dreamcast or Ps2 or something like that where it has for example take SuperNintendo games + emulator the emulator has to be added just to play the Super Nintendo games.Peace L-Burna

Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  9. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

hm are you lying Mr icemonkey?
    cause now im pretty confused

10. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Use the tools listed in my signature and you can successfully use your Gamecube connected to your PC with the broadband adapter read the discs and download them to your PC. From there, use the same tools to stream them back to the Gamecube when you want to play them. Search for the other two Gamecube threads here. I discuss all the specifics on how to do it there. I will repeat this again, there is no disc burning necessary to accomplish this. It's pointless as how the Gamecube will not read anything burned in a PC anyway.

11. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

sorry now dats understandable um wheres dat Game cube thread anyways?

12. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Use the search function and look for "Gamecube". Two threads that I know of come up.