1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Gamecube games no longer work after updates - what to do

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Laubi, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Laubi

Laubi Newbie

I have:
    Jap wii v.4.1j
    Wiikey (old version/firmware)

Scenario:
    Gamecube originals and backups worked fine. Burnt a Wii backup (jap game) and the tile loaded but when I press play, it displays a 001 error.

I then burned the wiikey update (1.9 I think) and then the wii game worked. somethign random happened which I think updated my console as the Wii is now 4.3j I think. however, when I went back to load the same gamecube games, they no longer work.

Is there a way I can get all of them to work? Assuming if I go back to 3.1j, my wii games wont work and vice versa?

Many thanks for your time

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

unknown wiikey you would have to check online from there site to see even if your console's wiikey is compatible

3. altonherry

altonherry Member

Hey guys, wondering if someone has any advice. Been running an ext HD with WBFS folder and .wbfs titles added with no issues at all. However recently I added a bunch of additional titles to the drive and wiiflow etc wont even see them on the drive ....only brings up existing covers/games that were originally working. Ive played with the various settings, flushed cache etc with no luck. Any thoughts or advice?

4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

on that easy reformat the drive via the wii and place games back on the drive and try again