1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameCube Ripping

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ñññññññññ, Feb 25, 2005.

1. This works with some people and if it works for you, your one of the lucky ones this is the easy way.
    This was put together from hard to get info found by me from (dont kill me) p2p, web, people who sell pirated material and own tests.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I have a Compaq running windows xp with a Dvd Rom drive. (dont know the brand)
    2 Rules

1 Im not crazy and you need to try it before you kill me
    2 do not try to explore the drive your game is in unless you like system lockups

From: http://gamesource.groups.yahoo.com/group/xskorpionserver/message/27 (thats my group)
    Date: Tue Jan 4, 2005 5:09 pm
    Subject: GAMECUBE READER

PART- A What you will need
    PART-B How it`s done
    A few months ago every one would tell you nothing will read a
    Gamecube disk except a Gamecube this is because Nintendo made it so
    the laser will read the disk from in to out a pc does it backwards
    from out to in. Well actually certain DVD Rom drives can read the disks but itll take a long time you need patience.

A)
    You will need the following:
    -DVD ROM drive (Im trying to figure otu the brand)
    -normal or mini dvd-r
    -Clone CD
    -A pc *DESKTOP* (not a laptop or a notebook)
    -A burner capable of burning mini cds
    -All the info on game cube you can get from here

You need to be patient it is hard for the pc to read GC disks mine
    took from 9:44pm to 10:04am you may need to leave your pc on over
    night.

B)
    You have everything you need you`re ready.

-Make a New folder on your desktop name it GC game copy
    -Now open clone cd and hit the *read image file* button (glasses
    next to a disk picture)
    -Make sure the game is in the cd tray but the drive *MUST* be open
    select your reader (the drive your GC disk is in) and hit next Clone
    cd *MUST*
    close the cd tray for you or the disk wont be read
    -Hit next and click browse save the project to the GC game copy
    folder
    -Hit next and it should start reading.
    Note it may take a night to finish and it will say in the log error
    reading sector xxxx but its working. And it may stay on 0%
    for a while but it will finish.

I have a boot cd on my groop not made by me and some people say it works I cant get it to work so lets stick with viper for beckup booting.

Its alot more simple than PSO if your one of the rare lucky ones.
    If its any good (it works for me): Request for it to be stickied

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2005
  2. Big bump (page 4 )

3. Ize

Ize Regular member

Very time consuming. And PSO is dead simple, load the game, load the ripserver, wait 1 hour, done.

4. Artlover

Artlover Member

This method also doesn't work for "most" people. So far, it seems it only works with some brands of Phillips drives. I guess Phillips firmwares have very loose ECC rules.

But you did infact say that only "certain DVD rom drives" and "if your one of the rare lucky ones" in your tutorial, so kudos for that. <grin> :) {To many times I've seen that critical point left out.}

5. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

Yesterday I tried your so called finding and descovered that I had not even passed stage one of your tutorial, even though I tried all sorts of things and wasted a heck of alot of time.

I can not understand how you got past this bit> when the GC disk is in the drive Clone CD desplays: Waiting for CD(d:) or whatever. it stays like that and thats it.

> Do I need some kind of driver for my DVD drive inorder for it to read the GC disk?

6. Artlover

Artlover Member

As has already been said, it only works with a very few select drives. If it doesn't work for you, then your drive isn't going to work and there is nothing you can do to change that.

7. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

I have got this thing to work, with Matshita(Panasonic) DVD-R recordable drive, but I dont need to rip games because with PSO/Viper, ripped backups are working good enough and i can get ISO's from internet too. So i stopped ripping at 6% because i was just testing it.

8. Artlover

Artlover Member

If you didn't let it complete, then you don't know if it was working. There are some people who have done it, and ended up with a 1.4gig file of "00" byte null characters.

9. I dont want to buy all that stuff for the pso method and its too confusing to me so I started experimenting. I posted it for other people like me who dont like the pso ripping its too much for me.