1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamecube trouble

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by muttyhc, Apr 8, 2007.

1. muttyhc

muttyhc Member

I used the softmod technique with my cube and full sized dvd-r's and it worked fine for a little while. Now I get into the game and they just seem to crash out now with the screen asking me to check my booklet. Do I need to adjust the POT?

2. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

It could be of the following:

Your DVD's are not that great of quality, use verbatim full size DVD-R at 8x

Adjust your POT to about 150.

If not, your laser is dieing, farewell.

3. muttyhc

muttyhc Member

yeah i use verbatim burnt at 4x speed
    i think its just the pot.

4. muttyhc

muttyhc Member

oh btw, after tweaking it down are you ever able to tweak it up again? Incase you feel you lowered it too much.

Upon doing mine it was at 183 standard, I adjusted it to 157 and it is really responsive now when reading discs no faults. But is it too low? I think my cube is probably nearing the end of its life, i may buy a second one for cheap.

5. muttyhc

muttyhc Member

damn this is wierd. Now its doing what it was before again. Seems really tempermental... I'm using verbatim full size dvd-r at 4x btw.

6. muttyhc

muttyhc Member

any ideas anyone? Doesn't seem to wanna read a disc now. I think laser is dieing. I read another thread here with simular symptoms. Reads the disc then just gives black screen with check manual.