1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamecube wireless controller on a Wii problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by oosel, Feb 27, 2007.

1. oosel

oosel Regular member

Im using a gamecube wireless controller on my wii and on most my games that suport the gamecube controller dont work with it. I downloaded toejam and earl from the wii store and it says it works with the gamecube controller. after shuting the wii on and off about 30 times I finally got it to work one day, now its back to not working again. It works with most of my gamecube games but not at all with Rocket Power Beach Bandits GC game?

anyone else having any problems simular to this?

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

what type of wireless controllre do you have here is why

certain channels the wireless controllers work on on the gamecube interfer with the wii you need to change channels on the wireless controller if you cannot time for a new wireless controller you may also need a regular gamecube controller i haven't tried my wireless yet hold on i will try it and post back in 5

3. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

yes i ran into the same problem

you need to change the channel on the wireless controller weird though i have never ran into a problem with my wireless controller of course my controller is a third party controller so may be it might be that

4. oosel

oosel Regular member

my controller is a wavebird. I messed with it last night and figured it out kinda. I changed channels and that did nothing. So then I started moving the reciever that plugs into the wii into different ports.
    Here is what I got and it dont make since! To play toejam and earl I have to have it pluged into the second gamegube port. some of my gamecube games it dont matter where I plug it in most of them it has to be in the first port. That is strange as hell. What if I want to add another controller, im screwed lol. Im gona have to get a wired controller and try that to see if this problem only occours with the wireless but I think im gona still have problems.

5. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

weird

i would say the console has issues but that wouldn't explain the weird behavior with the wireless controller do you have another controller to try it could be the wavebird has issues with the virtual console games but i think that is kinda funny because it is a nintendo product but nintendo has had problems with there accessories before i would try a non wireless controller and see what happens first