1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gameing computer

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by acepilot2, Jul 12, 2007.

1. acepilot2

acepilot2 Member

hey everyone sorry if im posting in worng spot (i am ussally in xbox forums this is my first time up here) anyways i am looking for the ultimate gameing computer but i dont want to spend 3 grand on it i am looking for more along the lines of arround 300-600 but also i am wondering if i should build my own computer but anyways send any suggestions or links or anything you can to help me out thx

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

If you know enough about computers, then build your own. It is way cheaper then buying a prebuilt one.

Also, I was just on ebay and saw a lot of computers that are top of the line (by looking at the specs) for about 2000 USD.

I would build my own....

3. acepilot2

acepilot2 Member

yeah if i cant build it i got so many realitves that can but i would say im good enough to build my own i just dont know where to get the parts any ideas on where to get the parts also i dont know what all i should put in it this is my first time building a computer from scratch please post back thx =)

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You aren't going to build the ultimate computer for $300-$600. Do a little browsing of the forums on AD, and you should get some ideas.

I would suggest saving a lot of money, then build one that suits your taste.

5. acepilot2

acepilot2 Member

lol no you can trust me if i can get a dell for 700 with everything that i need in it im sure i can buy the parts for cheaper and build it my self for less the 700 it doesnt have to be the ultimate gameing computer lol that was an expression i want one that is very good quality speed memory all the works in it i dont need all the ultimate stuff like 8 gb of ram and all the other stuff like i can do just fine with gb of ram

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yes but the best a $700 Dell can run is Minesweeper. you'll fare a bit better, but when you mention 'ultimate' I think around the $2000 range. Around $800 is the minimum to get a good spec gaming PC.

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Look if you are going for a cheaper PC you would fare better at circuiticty with all those damn rebates. Ofcourse you woudnt be able to overclock it, and you probably would have to add a video card. If you still want to build your would you consider reusing old part like a dvdrom drive and maybe the same HDD? You woudnt be able to afford a new monitor with that budget either. You can look at these sites for parts:

newegg.com
    Tigerdirect.com/.ca(You will have to STRICTLY follow the tos to get rebates from them)
    Zipzoomfly.com

8. acepilot2

acepilot2 Member

hello!!!! i said not ultimate at my 3rd post lol and that 700 dell i custom built it for everything i need it runs like a brand new 2007 car on all the games i play, lestin if you dont have useful info dont post i need links not your lectures on prices and im not going for a cheaper pc i am building one im not computer dumb and parts are so cheap i can get a huge lot of parts on ebay for a few hundred my question is simple i dont know why you guys arnt following the forum topic i want a gameing computer not discoragement saying you cant build it for 300-600 or useless knowlege that i know already my question is simple what would you recomend the specs for a good gameing computer and should i buy it or build it simple follow the dang topic people

9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Can you post the specs of the dell? So we can compare how much it would cost you to build it on your own.
    EDIT: Sammoris is just trying to help. Plus you probably cant use 8 GB of RAM in a PC anyway. You would have a get a 64 bit OS for that, and the driver support for that is so bad that it would be worthless.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  10. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

300-600, dude that is not enough for a high spec computer, basically first do you research on computers - goto nearest library pick up a book and start reading! or just browse around the net. Basically if you want to build a computer this is what you MAINLY need: -

PSU (Power-Supply-Unit) = This is needed to power the whole PC, it comes in different Watts i.e. 500W, 600W, 300W etc.. Also make sure you don't buy from CHEAP UNKNOWN companies they tend to break down quick or have faults in it - so if you see a PSU for $30 that is 500W and another PSU for $80 that is again 500W, GO FOR THE $80 - the best companies to mainly go for are companies like Antec, Coolermaster, Thermatake etc.. REMEMBER THIS POWERS THE WHOLE COMPUTER (EVERYTHING!!) SO MAKE SURE YOU GET A DECENT ONE THAT IS NEEDED FOR YOUR COMPUTER, DON'T GO FOR ONE THAT IS 900W AND YOU HAVE LOW STANDARD COMPONENTS BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF MONEY!!

MoBo (MotherBoard) = This is the one of the most important things in the whole of the computer. This runs your RAM (Random-Access-Memory, this helps with the speed of your computer) Also it has ports for yout Graphics card (PCI-e), HDD (Serial ATA - SATA1 or SATA2, SATA 2 is faster) Basically make sure you get a decent one, don't go for something like ASUS STRIKER EXTREME - Too powerful! Thx Sammorris for clearing that for me! It has EVERYTHING!!! Make sure you get a decent one!

RAM (Random-Access-Memory) = You need this! This helps boost the speed of your PC, so if you want Ultra speed make sure to get a high RAM - get these kinda specs - DDR2, 2GB, UNBUFFERED and again Do Not Buy From UNKNOWN CHEAP COMPANIES, buy from companies like Corsair, OCZ etc..

CPU (Core-Processing-Unit) = This is basically what you see on those adverts like "PENTIUM 4" or "Core 2 Duo". This is the main chip that all the working out and stuff goes through! Make sure you get something like Core 2 Duo - this is like 2 cores combined into 1, they run as 2 cores and split the data for more efficiency, less power consumption and for gaming needs SPEED! Also remember that Dual - core and Core 2 Duo are not the same Dual core is the previous older version and Core 2 Duo is newer version the differences are that Core 2 Duo takes 40% Power consumption less and gives 40% More performance which is a great improvement! Really helps with gamings!

CASE = Remember to buy a decent case and also remember that cases come in two main sizes ATX or MicroATX there are more sizes but these are the MAIN ones, which people tend to go for. ATX case is a good,big size for mostly gamers that don't want to have limited options. MicroATX Saves enormous amount of space, limits a few options but looks cool! Remember that cases should have a good quantity of fans about in my opinion 2 minimum installed fans. If a gaming computer is what you want COOLING is most important factor! you must have the PC Cooled at most times as it tends to get very very hot with gaming which can lead to power failures, cut-outs, damaged CPU or MoBo, Graphics card can overheat. Make sure you have a good quantity of installed fans!!!!

GPU(Graphics-Processing-Unit)or Graphics card = This is what gaming performance and quality is based on. If you want a high, sexy, strong graphics for yuor PC Buy a good graphics card, you can buy graphic cards for reasonable price these days! Remember now DirectX10 is being released in most games, DirectX 10, is a major improvement in games as it gives a really powerful, hand-gripping realism to games! I recommend buying something like a 8600GTS or even BETTER - LIKE 20X better 8800GTS about around £180!

Anyway i hope that helps ill add some more i have ran out of time, hope it comes handy!

11. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Excuse me, but the following is to what I responded:

i am looking for the ultimate gameing computer

and you aren't going to do it for $300-$600. Remember, you are the one who is wondering, not us.

And, although I am not really scolding you, you could use a little punctuation/captialization (sentence structure) in your posts.

12. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

GrandpaBW, I think he was reffering to Sammoris. By the way Grammar FTW.

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I hate posts that do nothing but naysay as much as the next man, but in your case, I can't post about your ultimate gaming computer for $600, because it isn't possible.
    One other thing, where are you from, which currency do you use?
    Clearly £600 is far more than $600, and could get you some mid-range stuff. Far from ultimate, but capable of playing some games.

Rubbish. If it does run smoothly on all the games you play, you either run them at minimum graphics detail, or only play games like Quake 3 and Counterstrike 1.6.
    Heck, most Dell PCs under £800 come with the Intel Integrated GMA950 chipset, which can only just play Counterstrike Source at minimum detail. I can play that at 2560x1600 on Max detail without issue, and my PC isn't even ultimate.

once I know where you're from I WILL be able to spec you a gaming computer for your budget, but it's going to be pretty lame unless you're in england. £600 is the only currency that will see that figure build you a half decent gaming PC.

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Sammoris, bro no offence but he said already he IS NOT looking for the ultimate PC. Don't get mad at me, just pointing it out.

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Just spotted the line
    Fair enough, although I suppose why say it in the first place?

16. acepilot2

acepilot2 Member

what are you an english teacher? the specs on my dell are:

Processor:intel 2 E6420 Duo Processor (4mb SSE642BL2 cache,2.13GHZ,1066FSB)

operating system:Genuine windows xp home edition

memory: 1 gb dual channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz-2DIMMs(i might want to have 2gb havent descided)

CD or DVD drive: 48X CD-RW/DVD COMbo drive

video card: 256 mb ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

sound card: intergraded 7.1 channel audio

thats it

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Ok here is what I recently built:

E6400-165 Dollars
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3-67 Dollars
    XFX 8500 GT- 60 Dollars
    Dvd Writer- Reused
    Dvd rom drive- Reused
    HDD- Reused
    Ultra Grid Case + Ultra XVX modular 700 Watt Power supply- 150 dollars
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-8000(I guess that would make it around 1000 Mhz)- 35 Dollars
    Shipping- 50

Thats 527 Dollars. As you see I reused some old parts, and didnt include the monitors price. This is a fairly down to earth system. to get better gaming performance the video card would have to better. This is about what you are looking at. My motherboard was refurbished, it didnt work but gigabye is sending me me a new one. The CPU is used and I got it off ebay. If you want new parts think about 70+ dollars extra. I still need to get an aftermarket CPU cooler.

Oh and better grasp of the English language just makes you sound more intelligible. My English is not good because it is not my first language. So I have an excuse.

18. acepilot2

acepilot2 Member

well thx ill look into and how do you know if english was my first language? lol he is wanting me to put commas and other little things in but i dont care to lazy dont feel like it

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The 8500GT isn't much, but it wipes the floor with your slow-ass graphics card. By buying dell, you pay big money for small performance.
    Also, try and use proper punctuation in your posts, if you can't be bothered to write properly, people might think you're an idiot, it happens a lot on forums. You could do better than criticise us for helping you in that regard.

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah the 8500 GT is not that powerfull, I'm only using it temporarily till I get a nice one. I thought it was pretty cheap, I will probably give it to one of my cousins later on. Oh by the way if you are deciding between the 8600 GT and the 7600 GT go with the 7600.