1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games / dvd movies freeze - no mod installed

Discussion in 'PS2' started by janeane, Apr 6, 2003.

1. janeane

janeane Member

I am the mother of a 13 yr old boy who is going insane without his ps2. When he puts in a game or a dvd movie, it will begin playing fine, and then will suddenly freeze, pushing the reset button will not even resolve this problem, he must turn off the ps2 system and try again. At first when you turned off then on again it would respond and work, but not for long eventually it would freeze again. NOW IT FREEZES ALL THE TIME. I have searched the net for possible troubleshooting suggestions and cant seem to find anything, does anyone have any idea why it is doing this and what the fix is? Should I pay to have it repaired, or is it even worth it? Should I just buy a new system ??? HELLP!!!! thanks in advance for any replies

2. Blazino

Blazino Member

Make sure the CD's are not scratch. If the CD's are not scratched, then it's most likely the lens. Contact the Sony Playstation Company. They will repair it.

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I bought a DVD Lasercleaner disc because it stopped booting DVD copied games (that worked before).
    I used it twice and after using this disc, the games that didn't work, worked fine !
    So the laser was just not clean ... mayby that's the same problem that you have with your PS2. (or the discs are scratched --- you can also buy some sort of a liquide to repair scratched discs)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2003
  4. janeane

janeane Member

the cds are not scratched and the warranty is out dated, no longer valid, will sony still repair??????

thank you so much for your help and for htis message board, it has been very helpful

im a little leary of opening the case and cleaning the lens just because i dont want to have sony give me a hassle if i do send to them.... thanks again for your input