1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

games freezing,no red lights???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Josh133, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Josh133

Josh133 Member

Hi everyone i did a search for this and found 1 thread and it was on a modded 360,so i hope i am not posting something that has been asked already.I was playing Guitar Hero 2 about an hour ago and the game just froze with some sort of static lines on the screen,so i restarted the game and it did the same thing.I tried playing Crackdown and had the same results.I took the hard drive off,unhooked everything and reconnected them again and still the same thing.The system loads fine and i have no red rings this is my 3rd 360 and it is starting to get expensive replacing,and sending in to be repaired,so i am turning to anyone who has experienced this problem,and no my 360 is not modded.Thanks for any help

2. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

sorry to say thats not a good sign m8. Is your 360 still under warranty?

3. fgamer

fgamer Guest

My Samsung is doing the same thing right now, it gave me the 3 red lights once then stopped. I'd play Gears for about 5 minutes and the freezing and lines on screen would happen. So these are signs that it's in it's dieing state. Best to just send it in for repair.

4. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

Correct fgamer. Lets just say its not going to get better only worse.

5. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

I have the SAME problem with Crackdown ... thought it was a faulty disc first, returned it only to have the same problems. I did every test they have listed, every troubleshooting step out there and it still happens ... I have an un-modded, un-opened 360, and onnly ... ONLY ... with crackdown would the xBox freeze and not give me any lights, it just freezes.

My temporary solution so I could use it and play the Beta was the add in some cooling ... I added in 2 80mm fans on the right side of the xbox while its laying horizontally - the fans are just computer case fans hooked up to a 1000ma power convertor from radio shack - they also pull the air out of the xbox - works WONDERS.

My point in explaining that is that A) the new ventilation works wonders on the xbox WITHOUT the possibility of blowing up your xBox, and B) either my GPU or CPU is overheating causing the issues, but it freezes and doesn't give me any red lights - and ONLY with one game (I can play Oblivion or NFS Carbon for HOURS and have no problems)

So, yeah, same problem here ... Add in the ventilation or send it in to M$ - I'm sending mine in soon, just before vacation so I can have it when I come back!

FYI - With the fans for the ventilation, put them side by side, closer to the back, sucking air out of the xBox on the right side when it is horizontal ... Make sure there's also plenty of ventilation on all sides of the xBox. If it is on a glass entertainment center, you should put it a few inches above the tabletop - the glass acts as an insulator and heats up the xBox even more than a wood entertainment center would.

- Enjoy!

6. Josh133

Josh133 Member

Well it is always nice to wake up and see such good news,lol!! and no my 360 is just out of warranty although i played Crackdown for 6 hours last night after reading a post that dealt with a similar issue.I unplugged the 360 from the power strip it was plugged into,and plugged it into the wall socket,and didnt have any issues.I know it kinda sounds silly,and i really didn't think it would work,but so far it has.I will keep you all posted as to what happens,and i guess i should plan on buying a core system this week!

7. Josh133

Josh133 Member

Well as i stated in the above post my 360 worked for 6 hours last night after plugging directly to wall outlet,and as you all stated my 360 was doomed and you were all right the damn thing wont even turn on now i just cannot understand why Microsoft has failed big time in putting out a product that does not work past a year?I am going to brave sending it in again,and also buy a core system next week for a backup,but this is the last time i do this i am just pissed off at the whole situation!