1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games Freezing

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by blade22, Feb 26, 2005.

1. blade22

blade22 Member

HI, Ive backed up Prince of Persia and Star Wars Battlefront. I am using a dms4 pro with the latest bios flashed. They both used to work but now they boot and get stuck at loading screen. Is it cos i should have rebuilt them with isobuster?

2. blade22

blade22 Member

anyone???!!

3. TEARLEZZ

TEARLEZZ Member

at what speed did you burn them?what brand of media are you using?

4. blade22

blade22 Member

Thnx for the response. I used Xerox media burned at 1x speed. I'm not sure whether its good media. I have datawrite media now which i havent had any problems with. Will it work if i copy the games from the bad media to new good media?

5. TEARLEZZ

TEARLEZZ Member

you could use media brands like ritek or verbatim.i personally use both brands and i always had great results no freez ups.i burn my games using alcohol 120% for me alcohol is the best you could give it a try.some people would suggest you to use dvd decrypter .for now you could try burn your game with alcohol 120% or dvd decrypter with your current media.if this does not work try some top brand media like ritek or verbatim.

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Not too sure about Prince of Persia, but Star Wars Battlefront is one of those games you have to rip apart and rebuild. They put dummy files in these games for copy protection purposes, so you have to break it down, strip out the garbage files (they actually will be named GARBAGE! They should've at least picked a better name for the files), rebuild the ISO, then burn. I'm not going to get into how to do it, but it's all over this site.