1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games from other consoles on PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by fenders, Jun 2, 2007.

1. fenders

fenders Member

K, so I am planning on buying an external hd for my fat ps2, so my question is, can i put games from different consoles onto the hd and boot them on my ps2. I kinda figure that this would not work with say xbox games, but more what i was thinking would be like N64 and older nintendo games. Is this possible?

2. maynard1

maynard1 Member

3. fenders

fenders Member

I don't have a chip, I think with the hd i am getting i shouldnt think that i would need a chip, btw I'm not getting a USB hd I'm not sure what kind I am getting. Thx so much for the site!

Just for the sake of asking, even though I might sound like an idiot, is it possible for me to play a game like halo on my ps2?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well, you need to use some sort of exploit on your PS2 to boot up the emulators. For example, you put the ELFs (emulators) on the USB pendrive (NOT HDD and not USB HD) and you also put ROMs on it. You load up ARMAX and use it to load the emualtor and play. I reccomned using ARMAX or Swap Magic.

I have Coder 3.8 connected to my PSP (USB pendrive lol) and i have on my PSP this file, that if swap magic recognzies during the boot up of the console, it automatically boots.

In other words, get Swap Magic or ARMAX.

5. fenders

fenders Member

ah, ok thx

6. fenders

fenders Member

sorry to double post, but couldn't i just put the rom of halo on the hd and boot it off of there?

7. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

No. Halo will NOT work on PS2. It's just not made to. Maybe the PS4 could emulate xbox... anyway, you can do it for classic consoles.

8. fenders

fenders Member

Ok, thx again, that is what I figured. No harm in asking. :p