1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games On The HDD?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fuzzy_C, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

hey, i got the free hdloader memory card thing, and what i'm wondering is, my games on the hdd show up in the browser and have their own little hdloader icon and everything, but if it click on them it just says "Insert Disc" is there any way to boot the games from these icons as oppossed to boting hdloader every time and booting the games from there?

2. StrikerGT

StrikerGT Member

Grr, your doing it all wrong lol, the memory card version works only if you have Computer networked to your ps2 so you can ftp to it doing some required stuff. If you have a modchip or would like to use swap magic or fliptop, read on for an easier method than memory card.

First, go on mIRC and go on server EFnet and channel ps2bins and get the url, then get the file under PS2, HD Loaders, then the file that is 8megs (FREE HD LOADER ADVANCE) then extract the .cue and .bin from it (you dont need the .elf) and get a program called CDRwin and load the cuesheet and burn it on a cdr and boot the disc using your modchip or swap magic/flip top and all your problems are resolved my friend.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Actually, your wrong. Fuzzy, load the exploit with your ps1 disc, then click on the hdloader.elf. This will run hdloader, you select your games from there.

4. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

ya, that's what i've been doing, but i was wondering if there is any way to run the games right from the icons in the browser, i find it kinda strange that hdloader and hdadvance would even make the icons in the browser if you couldn't somehow launch the games from them.

also an interesting fact, hdadvance's game icons in the browser are hdloader icons, looks like they forget to change some graphics lol