1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GAmes over 4GB not working on a DMS3 V4 ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by djtecha, Aug 18, 2004.

1. djtecha

djtecha Member

Alright I've tried searching for this problem but with no lock. So I try to play a game over 4 GB the game starts up I get to the PS2 logo in the game, then it eather turns black and freezes or goes to the loading in the bottom left corner and gets half way done and stops. I've gotten it to work for 007 nightfire and Agent under fire(both less then 4 gigs.) But when i've made copies of Devil May Cry or Lord of the rings it freezes. I've been using dvd decrypter and primedisc DVD's I just got a new laser installed, smaller games work and its a consistent problem. Please help!

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

I would try different media. A DVD is written from the inside to the outer edge and more media seems to fail at the outer edges. I got some Optodiscs one time that worked fine on smaller games but on larger ones they failed. Movies burnt on them started skipping near the end, so it wasn't just games that was failing. I have been using Ritek G04 and not had similar problems since.