1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

games scratching

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by chnky18, Jun 7, 2007.

1. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

i modded a hitachi 59d drive about 2 months ago and have been using memorex dvd dl with no problem. i put the foam pads in the dvd drive to prevent scratching. now all of the sudden, forza 2 backup stopped playing and any game i put in makes a grinding noise. is this a memorex issue, should i switch to a verbatim or is it another problem?

2. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

did you rotate your console while it was on? i did that once and it scratched the heck out of my game.

3. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

i have never moved the console. in the last few hours, it has quit playing originals and backups...you can hear the dvd start to spin then it stops and says game unplayable....so just gonna take it back to bestbuy and hopefully not a get a benq drive.

4. tudarck

tudarck Member

hi, mine started doing the same thing but mine was with verbs, i found the best disks for mine was aone.

but after a month they all started doing it . i thought to get a new drive but decided to get a new laser ,so i ordered it of ebay fitted it and it works perfect now.

hope this helps

5. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

could you link me to what type of laser you bought and is it easy to install?

6. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

my friends 360 did this too and it wasnt even moddded.which way up have you had the console stood? because my friends was stood upright when it started scratching disks maybe thats what starts it?

7. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

no mine sits horizontal on top of entertainment center so that it gets a lot of air. i just got back with a new one so im gonna see which one i got...on the good side, i bought a 2 year replacement warranty from best buy for 64 and i kept my old and new hdd so gonna sell the new one to cover the 64 i paid for 2 year warranty.

8. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

I once did maage to scratch my crackdown by moving it when it was playing.But with this problem it almost seems that the dvd tray is moving about all the time causing it to scratch the discs constantly.

9. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

well i have used the foam pads inside the drive but that only worked from January to now.

10. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

Ive had my 360 since christmas and ive never had any problems with it.It has been played on extensively with GOW and i am still yet to see a failure in it.

11. tudarck

tudarck Member

ive never done anything like change a laser and it was easy.

i got mt laser from a ebayer called gameconsolehk ,but just search for ms25 and you should see someone who sells them, it was from hongkong and it only took 6 days and it cost £13 including postage to uk which is brilliant.

link to laser replacement guide,http://www.360mods.net/News/article/sid=92.html

sorry if giving a link to another forum upsets anyone .