1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games wont play? everything done? please ideas?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mull3t, Jan 15, 2005.

1. mull3t

mull3t Member

I have jus modded my ps2slim with opening it and useing the tape etc etc, works fine, when i put sm 3.3 in comes to the screen i pop in a back up and it says not a valid ps2 disk?

i`ve been forced to burn using nero and i did it at a really slow speed?

alchol 120% wont detect my dvd-rw drive which is a

pioneer dvd-rw dvr-108

neither with dvd decriptor??

please can some one helpy me out on this one?

2. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

you have not properly disabled the switches and your ps2 knows you are opening it, that is why it is not able to read the disc.

do not use tape coz that method is shit use one of the ghost switches or better still get the replacement flip top for the pstwo it disables all the switches without having to tape them.

search the net for a firmware update for your drive and apply it. search this forum if you don't know what i'm on about.

nero is fine for your backups but try to use dvd decryptor to read the images.

3. door

door Member

is your pioneer connected as a master or slave drive
    mine wasnt dectected by dvd decryptor or alcohol till i reconnected it as a master drive you can check by look ing at your screen straight after you turn on your pc

4. mull3t

mull3t Member

ye thank for all ya help it was cos my dvd was master drive! all sorted now and games work good! thanks