1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gameshark 2 1.2?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Ciel, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Ciel

Ciel Member

I've been trying to get burned backups to work on here, and of course they don't.

Is Gameshark even capable of running backups? Or is it the way I burned the disks? (I used Alcohol 120% and set everything the way I read it to burn the disk)

2. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

Gameshark 2.12? Not sure, but I'll look around, I'll edit this post with more info.

EDIT

I've read around, and it seems it's not able to load backups. Are you able to spend around $25 dollars? If so, you can buy Swap Magic 3.6+ with the slide tool here: http://www.divineo.cn/cgi-bin/div-cn/ps2-stsm3u.html
    Note that there are other options besides boot discs. Like a flip top, modchip, among other things.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  3. Ciel

Ciel Member

Aww .. that sucks. :(
    Well. Would there be anything else besides mod chips that can work?

4. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

Yeah :( When I first started out, I had gotten Action Replay thinking it would boot my PS2 backups like on my old PS1 :)

But yeah, there's more than just modchips that can help. Are you trying to play PS1 backups, or PS2 backups? From what your first post said, it sounds like you're doing everything right, just need something that will load them :)