1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gameshark 2 V2 or compatible ps1(x) discs

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jdilla, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

ive come to find out that if you tape down the internal switch of the ps1 console, and sand down that little arm that pushes down on that grey little circle, so it wont make contact.. in other words, sand it down untill you see that it wont touch that sensor. doing this, and inserting the psone code archieve disc that came in along the gameshark 2 v2 for the ps2 will let you boot cd-r ps1(x) discs. now i know these disc came out long time ago cuz i bought them on the year 2000.. i want to buy a similar psone code archieve discs that will let me boot ps1 cd-r backup like the gameshark code archieve disc. ive seen the AR v2, but it saids that it wont work on ps1 consoles.. can anyone tell me wich of the many game enhancers will do what i want it to do??, im not saying im the first one that has come up with this idea, but its something that i just tought off when all the google searches and forum searching just told me to buy breaker pro, or better yet mod the ps1 with a modchip. no thanks, im a swapmagic kinda guy :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Jdilla its best to use a "spring" in between the sensor and arm.
    For playing backups you can use the Game Enhancer Cartridge.
    It plugs into the back of your PS1.

You should check to see if your PS1 can boot backups first.
    Since most early model PS1 consoles could boot backups + imports without mods! (I know mine did).

If it doesnt and you want more info on the game enhancer look here>
    http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_game_enhancer.shtml

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

what do you mean +? mines does play back cd-r memorex, using the gameshark gameenhancer, the spring thing looks like a good idea, but ill stick to what i have, im playing backups without having to buy a boot disc, and adapter or whatever you put in the back. so is there anything in the stores right now that can do the same thing that gameshark 2v2 psone code archieve did to my playstation?? cuz i know the new version of gameshark2 is only for the ps2, does anyone know of something else?

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I would probably suggest gameshark lite for the PS1.It will let you play backup games with codes,if you can play backups with the method you are using now.I don't see why you should need to get the spring or breaker pro disc.I say whatever works stick with it,just as long as it doesn't screw up the system right.The GS2V2 PSone disc was alright,but the good thing about the gameshark lite is that you can type in cheat codes for games,which the GS2V2 PSone disc won't let you.

5. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

?> I mean early model PS1 consoles could boot backups "AND" imports without mods.

Any spring will work, you could also use a biro refill wedged between the sensor and lid.

The Game Enhancer Cartridge works like the GS lite L-B. It lets you type in codes, it also has build in codes and it is easier to use.
    But you wont find it in the stores these days.

@ Jdilla
    If you already have a gameshark game enhancer that plays PS1 games why not just stick with that?

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

im sorry guys, i forgot to mentioned that this ps1 isnt being modded for me, its actually going overseas to my native county. they dont have all the good stuff that we all have here in america so something little and so old like this ps1 that i messed with will mean the world to my cousins overseas. i got one down, but i have two cousins that i want to send a psone's to. i already got one ready to go, now im just searching around to see where i can get that gamesharklite that lburna is talking about. i tried bestbuy yesterday, and they only had the gameshark and action replay for the ps2 only, nothing for the ps1. i will try eb games today, maybe thats a better place to go to. my whole intention for this thread is to show others that theres other ways that you can mod you ps1 to play backups. i really dont care about the ps1, since i got a v7 ps2 and a halo special edition xbox, but when i searched on the subject, nothing homemade had been made, so i tought i might throw out my idea here, cuz it does work great. its just like modding the pstwo, only that you have to sand down that lever arm that touches the round circle where the (spring) suppose to be there. one more thing, this was done to a scph 7501 model ps1, dont know if itll work on the more round-oval shape white psx. can someone tell me if it does?

7. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

i tried it a few years back on the small psone and yea is does work.
    you need to use blu-tack to permanantly cover the sensor at the front of the disc drive.
    its near the eject button. just stick some blu-tack in there and and youve got your a modded psone.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  8. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

great! thanks for letting me know.
    check this out:
    http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_utils_bootcd.shtml
    can anyone tell me if any of those boot disc work? cuz ive tried 3 already for my us ps1 console, and all of them give me the "Please insert a playstation cd-rom" messege. can a homebrew ps1 disk actually be made so that the playstation would boot of from a cd-r?