1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gameshark/Action Replay2 without dongle?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by e3e4520, Dec 18, 2002.

1. e3e4520

e3e4520 Member

Hi guys,

Just curious if it is possible to use Gameshark and AR2 without a dongle? Is there any patch that'll allow it?

There probably isn't any, just wondering, if by any chance...

Mark

2. Luckystar

Luckystar Member

HEY,I was same as you wondering that the gameshark would boot up without a dongle a past few weeks....................actually it does....................the Gameshark2 or AR2 you get without a dongle could only used to perform a swapping method of booting up a BACKUP PS2 game.......anyway,that was for an older version of modchip like SBOX..........
    IF you get a new chip like Messiah,you would probably don't need a swap disc like gameshark2..........it could boot up games directly...................After all,If your intention of getting a gameshark2 CD without a dongle is for cheat purposes,then just forget about it...........There is another alternative to execute cheats in PS2 game............get a copy of CODE BREAKER PS2.........

3. e3e4520

e3e4520 Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. My PS2 has a Magic3 chip, I am just using the Gameshark for cheating. I guess there's no way to use a copied GS without a dongle...

4. Luckystar

Luckystar Member

OK.........You can get a CODE BREAKER PS2...........if by chance you found its ISO(CODE BREAKER PS2 IMAGE FILE)on the net.....download it and burn it to CD.......
    IT WORKS FOR CHEATING...........since CODE BREAKER doesn;t need a dongle to save code.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2002