1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gameshark/ar max cheats with modchip

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by nuttin_88, Mar 13, 2005.

1. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

Hi i was just wondering if i could use the gameshark cheats or the ar max cheats with my backups. I do have a modchip and when i put my backup in with all the cheats selected it doesn't read the disc. Is there any other way to do it without using ea method. I have the newest ar max evo edition, i also have the newest gameshark but from what i've been reading it doesn't look like i can do much with it i think. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I have not tried it on my PSTwo with a chip, but i know you can do it on one that doesn't so try this, it couldn't hurt and just may work.
    1.put in AR Max
    2.go to expert mode and choose game and start with codes.
    3.when it askes for a disc press eject and put in Swap Magic DVD
    4.when it asks for a disc put in DVD Loader
    5.when it asks for a disc press eject put in Swap Magic DVD again
    6. when it asks for disc put in the backup

3. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

Thanx for the reply i thought no one would answer. Just a quick question though what is dvd loader i have cd loader and i read that all i have to do is burn it on a dvd but when i try to do that it tells me to burn on a cd. Also i don't think this will work because i don't have fliptop.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

CD Loader you burn to a CD
    DVD Loader is the same program but you burn it to a DVD. My PS2 would not read the CD for some reason so i had to get DVD loader instead because it had no problems with DVD's

As far as it not working, you can just make a slide card and ask someone who knows better than i do how to use it. See this thread
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/168328
    all you need is some thin plastic like a store credit card or one of those free MVP type cards the grocery stores give out.