1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gameshark not working with backup MGS3, please help.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DnloderX, Apr 5, 2005.

1. DnloderX

DnloderX Member

I have a Gameshark V5 media player edition and am trying to use the codes with an MGS 3 backup. I load the Gameshark, select the codes, then swap in the swap disk, then the backup dvd, but it just goes to black and hangs there. I used a Memorex DVD+R 8x, burned it at my burner's max speed which is 4x. I have a Lite-On DVD-RW burner and am using Swap Magic 3.6.

Now the game runs fine when I boot it up without the Gameshark, but when I try to use codes, nothing happens. I've gotten it to work with other backups before. Can anyone please help?

2. TEARLEZZ

TEARLEZZ Member

Some times these Game shark codes will conflict with each other.i think that your problem lies with the codes probally you have to many enabled.Try 1 code see if it works if it works try a other one see where the problem lies.Some times Game Shark will freez up or give me a black screen when i start removing codes of entering them one each time my problem is solved most of the times.My dvice would be try one code if it works try 2 than if it's still working try 3 so on.Good luck bro.

3. DnloderX

DnloderX Member

I tried that, but it did not work. Now, I tried loading up the gameshark and just starting the game from there without any codes and it booted fine. However, when I tried booting using any codes (tried one code, then two, and so on) it just went black and froze before showing the Konami splash. I downloaded the codes and tried those, then entered them manually in case they were wrong, but I get the same result.

Now everything seems to work, except whenever I input codes so could it be the media I burned to, the burner, or both? I don't understand because other backups have worked. Anyone have any similar problems before?

4. TEARLEZZ

TEARLEZZ Member

hey bro your problem lies probally with your media Memorex is not such a great media to backup games.you should try something better like Ritek or Verbatim.Some thing else you should read and burn your games not more than 2x.Some guys on the forum use Dvd Decrypter i never tested this software i always used Alcohol 120% and always burn my backups perfectly no problems.See with one works for you better that will allow you to burn and read under 2x.Dont rushed always read and burn under 2x and only use top quality media.

5. noobdawg

noobdawg Member

lol... memorex is obviously one of the most trusted brand names out there.

6. DnloderX

DnloderX Member

Ok, I tried a Verbatim DVD+R burning it the same way I did the Memorex DVD+R and again, it runs perfectly with the swap disk. And also again, the backup will load through gameshark(without codes)to swap disk to backup; but it just will not load with any codes. It's so frustrating, I feel like breaking something! Another backup I have works with the gameshark, but not this one. It just hangs there in black after swap disk loads it. It must be the burner, maybe I will introduce it to my baseball bat ten-thousand times.