1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gameshark Questions ?? V7 Ps2 - Flip top - SM 2.0

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tbonejr, Jul 8, 2003.

1. tbonejr

tbonejr Member

I have a V7 Ps2 with Flip top & Swap Magic 2.0. I am looking into getting Gameshark to play original ps2 games in order to use the cheats. I know nothing about gameshark - Ive heard that it could damage the ps2 (is this true) Is Game shark worth using & if so what version is the best. And the last thing - is there anything other than gameshark that allows you to use cheats.

Thanks in advance
    Tbone

2. billz

billz Active member

gameshark will not damage your system the other cheat tool is Action replay if your only intrested in playing orgianls there's really no difference

3. tbonejr

tbonejr Member

Thanks Billz

Can you tell me which version of GS is the best. Thanks

Tbone

4. cmp333

cmp333 Member

tbonejr, if u have a v7 ps2 you will not be able to boot any version of gameshark 2 except the new version 3.0, and i have not heard of anyone that has done a successful swap with gameshark v3.0 because madcatz changed the layout and software. i would wait for the new swap magic to come out... that's what i'm doing. i have gameshark v3.0 but don't have any instructions on how to swap with the new version, just the old versions, and the software is totally different. it sucks that the older versions of gameshark will not load on v7's... damn sony.

5. psx245

psx245 Regular member

or you could wait until the zoneloader boot disc with no installation and works on double check games of what billz said in the zoneloader news post.