1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gameshark with back up games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by babyboy88, Jan 28, 2007.

1. babyboy88

babyboy88 Member

I have to use swap magic to play my back up games for my ps2, so my question is can i still use my game shark with my back up disc. I really want to beat FFXII

2. vegalo

vegalo Member

yes you can use gameshark on backed up games.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

is it possible? yes
    Have most people figured out a good way that works all the time? no

I use to us my AR Max disc with swap magic 3.0 a while back and the process almost made it not worth doing. You had to do the following, and it only worked with the older model PS2's
    1. put in cheat disc and manually pick game and enable cheats you want.
    2. choose to start game with cheats
    3. when it asks for a game press eject and put in swap magic DVD
    4. when it asks for a disc use swap method and put in DVDloader
    5.when it asks for a disc press eject and put swap magic DVD back in
    6. when it asks for a dic use swap method and put in the back up

4. vegalo

vegalo Member

I use swap magic and gameshark version 4. To use it with my backed up games, I load the gameshark disc, select the cheats normally, and when its time to insert the game disc, I insert swapmagic and then use it to load my backed up game with cheats. Simple.

5. babyboy88

babyboy88 Member

thank you everybody now all i need is a new gameshark or other cheat device, any suggestions?

6. babyboy88

babyboy88 Member

okay i have a problem

Dis is wat i do:

1: i load the gameshark but since i dont have the real on i have a backup gameshark so i put the swap magic disc in first so i can load the gameshark

2: i use my slide card to open tray and den put in back up gameshark

3: i select the game i want to use cheat on

4: i press start game den tray opens den i put swap magic in again

5: i use slide card after swap magic loads den i put in my back up game i selected cheats for

Den after dat it goes to the memory card screen den goes to the red non workin screen

Please help i'm tryna beat FFXII

7. vegalo

vegalo Member

let me ask you 2 questions:

1) Can you play FF12 perfectly with swap magic and no gameshark codes??

2) Have you ever used this method to play other games with cheats??

Whether you have a backup of the gameshark disc or not shouldn't really matter as long as you boot the backup with swap magic. The way gameshark works is that when you select the cheats that you have inputted for a game, it "saves" the cheat for that specific game onto your memory card. Check your memory card to make sure that there is a gameshark save file on it. This save file includes all the games which you have added cheats for manually and the cheats you currently have enabled for whichever game (in this case, FF12). Once the gameshark saves the game's cheats onto the memory card, everytime you play that game it will load with the cheats which are also on the memory card, provided you have the memory card inserted as well. The gameshark shouldn't interfere with the game booting and if it does, one reason might be due to the codes you added. Be careful what type of codes you put and make sure you understand how they interfere with each other. If your FF12 backup boots fine with swapmagic alone, and your gameshark works with another game, then its probably the codes. Let me know what happens.