1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gameshark with Swap Magic 3.6?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MirageK, Jul 11, 2007.

1. MirageK

MirageK Guest

Basically, I want to use some codes for a DVD backup but I'm not sure how to try it.

Can it even be done?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

There may be a way but i have seen this question hundreds of times with no clear cut method for doing it. You may just want to either look into a mod chip that has support for Gameshark (much easier and better then Swap Magic)

Or you can just buy Swap Magic Coder edition which is made to play cheats with back ups.

3. lowkey

lowkey Member

Steimy is right as far as I know. I have seen a few SM Coder elfs floating around. I think this would work with your SM 3.6 and thus giving you the ability to use codes on your backups. Try searching for Swap Magic Coder elf torrents.

4. MirageK

MirageK Guest

Well, I found a Swap Magic Coder elf torrent.

What exactly do I do with the file I get after the torrent finishes? Burn it to a disk? What?

5. lowkey

lowkey Member

Pick up a copy of ULaunchElf from here
    http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=launchers.html

You will have to use uLaunch to get the Sm elf on your memory card. After that...I think SM 3.6 has a method of renaming the elf file to something like smboot.elf? Then you can use the elf boot option to boot the SM 3.8 elf and use the code engine. The link above also has tutorials on how to use uLaunchelf to do all of this. There is also a way of making a boot cd with Ulaunch...thus bypassing your need for SM 3.6