1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamesxcopy

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bosstwo, Jan 11, 2005.

1. bosstwo

bosstwo Guest

i am new at this.can anyone tell me if gamesxcopy really works and what disk to use.game is still being modded.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You will need a)Modchip OR b)Swapmagic disks+
    Slide tool And/or Fliptop

Use Quality Media I use
    Verbatim dvd+r 8x 100 pack ( 24.99 )
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002IQ1I0/slickdeals/104-0984492-0108766

Program to copy ps2 games and movies (freeware!!)

DVD Decryptor
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/dawnload.cfm?mirror=0&software_id=298

BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2.4X <-----(IMPORTANT)
    1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mdf) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I have heard that Games X Copy does not work for PS2, but I haven't tried it so I'm not sure. I would also burn at 1x if possible. I've experienced problems at 2x.

4. Than924

Than924 Member

I have found that Alcohol 120 works very well. Game X Copy may work ok, but Alcohol works great.
    Just create an image of the disk, then burn the image. Alot of people are saying to burn at 2x or slower, but I have been burning games at 4x with no problems. Maybe I've been lucky because most of the members know alot more about these kinds of things than I do. I'm a PC guy I don't know much about PS2 stuff, but I'm learning. I'm using Princo DVD's, which are fairly inexpensive (I got my last 100 at a local computer show for 36.00)
    Try Alcohol before you buy Game X Copy, they have a free trial.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

GAMEXCOPY IS TERRIBLE.

Save time and money and get Dvd decrypter.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  6. ktwo

ktwo Member

GamesXcopy does work to make backups of ps2 discs -i've used it myself, however dvd decrypter works and its free!