1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamez freeze after ps2 has been modded Ripper chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Martyzzz, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Hi Ya'll,

I just bought a new ps2 (must be one of the latest versions) and before even playing with it i let the thing be modded by a pro (done 100 of em).
    He said to me that he installed a Ripper mod chip in it, no clue if it is any good.

When i want to play back upped games (like silent hill or resident evil) the games just freeze while i have been playing for 10 minutes, even if i only start the game up and watch the intro and not touch the console for a while the intro freezes as well

I burnt the games on 2 speed because i cant seem to set the burnspeed on 1* to burn the image.
    Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?
    Cheap DVD Media or a bad rip of the original game or is the ps2 modded bad ?

any help would be appreciated

thnx !

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Do originals work ok, not crash?

What media are you using?
    What program are you using to burn your ps2 games?

3. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Originals work ok and dont freeze

I use Arita DVD-R and burn images with dvd decrypter and burn them on 1 speed.

cheers !

4. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Im getting really frustrated here, as the original games work fine and the www.ripper-chip.com website offline i think i got RIPPED OFF.

There is no way that i burnt 3 different games wrong onto 2 different dvd media's.

When a game freezes i hear the lens searching all the time. but the ps2 is only a week old so it cant be dirty.

Plz can anyone help or tell me what to do with this, i just want to know how i can find out if its the ripper-chip that was installed or my backedup games arnt good

i even have downloaded silent hill 4 (a game i originally own) and burnt the iso on dvd > game works great TILL IT FREEZES again (on different places in the game)

HELP !!!

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

do you have a friend with a modded ps2 that you can try your backups in to see if they work in there console?

6. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Thnx ill try that right away, i do have a friend with an older version ps2 with the messiah 1 in it.
    Ill get back on this ....

7. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Well i think i have to go back to the guy...

When i bought this ps2 i also bought one for my girlfriend and that one works fine... the games wont freeze (i bought both ps2's at the same time with the same guy)

Even with a third ps2 of an other friend of mine the games won't freeze there either.

now i dont know what to do anymore