1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gangs of New york problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by matty999, Feb 13, 2004.

1. matty999

matty999 Guest

Hi all,

This is my first post so [bold]HI ALL[/bold]
    I have tried to copy Gangs of New york using DVD shrink 2.3 Everything was going fine until about an hour and a half into the film, when the sound goes out of synch with film. I burnt the disk using Nero 5.5 and I have a Pioneer 106 drive.
    I did try a later version of DVD shrink, but when I tried to copy the disk it said something about copy protection and wouldn't let me copy the disk!!

Many thanks all
    Matt :)

2. matty999

matty999 Guest

Come on guys give me a few pointers!! PLEASE

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

matty999,

Okie, Dokie, just for you, I'll show you the way,

First, let's bring you into the light of day - you need DVDShrink 3.1.5 - here is the link for that and a guide to go with it -

Shrink download - http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=c53155f4dd417b97fb6287581453b338&threadid=32393

Shrink Guide -
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink_3.htm

Next for Gangs of N.Y. (Good movie, that) we need to get DVD Decrypter and rip it using the "File" mode. You'll the open Shrink and choose "Open files" go to the Destination where you had Decrypter put your files, let Shrink do it automatically or if you wish use” Custom Ratio” to shrink it enough so that you have about 1/8 of an inch of gray on the end of your green bar -then finish up normally, use Nero to burn -

Come on back if ya need some more help :))

Ooohh Yea, Welcome to the neighborhood -

Pete

PS - Just a note, "Chill Out", we are not your slaves, waiting to respond to your every need instantly - we help for the "Love of it", whenever we have the time -

Add your post and wait, someone will get to you when our time is free - Patience and a sense of humor will get you allot more than impatience. :))

4. matty999

matty999 Guest

Many thanks for your advice, I've done all what you said, and I will burn a new disk tonight and watch it tomorrow to see if it comes out correct!!!

Cheers once again

5. loopx

loopx Member

Hi. thx for the earlier info, scubapete. unfortunately, when i tried it DVD ENCRYPTOR gave me an I/O error. have you or anyone else had this problem, or have any ideas what i can do about it?

preciate it.
    loop

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there loopx,

We never spoke before -

I'm not sure what DVD ENCRYPTOR is so I'm not familiar with an error from it -

If you are asking about the same film, I can tell you how I did it -

This thread was started over 2 weeks ago and there have been some changes - First, the DVD Shrink version is now, 3.1.7 Beta 3 - Download it - and read the guide -
    DVD Shrink 3.1.7 Beta 3
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

You should start to play the DVD for about a minute, open Shrink and click open disc - use guide to complete -

Shrink Guide -
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink_3.htm

You should already have Nero on your PC, if not download it -

A 30-day, free, fully functional Nero 6 download can be had here:
    http://www.nero.com/us/631939541422774.php

You should be good to go :p

Welcome to the Neighborhood,

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  7. loopx

loopx Member

thx for the help, scubapete.

i appreciate the prompt reply. wasn't even gonna look again till tommorrow if i hadn't seen the email afterdawn sent.

i had a slip of the "tongue" :). i meant to say i was using DVD Decrypter. but i think i've got it to work now. i had two or three errors i had to abort, so i won't be sure if the files are corrupted until i burn it.

but first i'm gonna try your advice on using the latest version of dvd shrink and playing the movie for a few minutes before i try copying it. i tried it before with an older version of dvd shrink and dvd xcopy platinum and it failed, but hopefully the newest version of dvd shrink can pull it off. this technique worked for Bruce Almighty, but won't work on my Gangs of New York. Seems like every movie requires something different to copy it. :)

thx again. your a big help.

loopx

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

For no reason at all, I was playing with Bruce Almighty and DVD Shrink and compressed it down to 847MB - Still had a pretty good video too - :D

Feeble minds need some silly stuff to do some times - LOL

Sse ya later there young fellow -

"P"
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004