1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

garbled graphics

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jubillee, May 27, 2003.

1. jubillee

jubillee Member

Recently had magic 3 modchip put in and now when i turn ps2 on the opening screen is all garbled -letters numbers etc floating all over screen once it hits the browser config screen. on the couple of occasions i have got a game to run after a couple of mins graphics start going haywire also. What could be the cause of this?
    Thanks

2. jubillee

jubillee Member

come on guys give me a reply here please#
    ps2 worked for a couple of hours after chip fitted and then this stupid video problem of of graphics floating all over screen. Mod chip installer denying chip is the prob. and its not the tv or leads as tried out at friends place and did the same thing.

3. EviLAnGeL

EviLAnGeL Guest

Seems unlikley that the chip itself is to blame for this but it could be the install. Have you tried it on another TV or tried wiggling the lead in the back of the PS2. Are you trying to boot NTSC games on a PAL only TV or vice versa. Does it do it with everygame ?

4. jubillee

jubillee Member

Tx for reply. It doesnt have anything to do with the games because if u boot up ps2 the graphics are doing this at logo screen before you even attempt a game.Also I tried it at friends house on their tv with their ps2 leads etc only using my consul and problem was there. It is obviously my consul. If install was bad wouldnt it have done this immediately and not after a couple of hrs of working fine? Thanks again for reply