1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gateway 3ds news, pre-order now, only support 3DS V4.5

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by WilsonP, Jul 10, 2013.

1. WilsonP

WilsonP Member

Here is the update news from the gateway 3ds official site

11/07/2013

Official opening of pre-orders !

Gateway is please to announce start of manufacturing and the opening of pre-orders. We expect to roll out the first units to resellers within the next fortnight.

Please pay special attention to the following critical information regarding our current software development phase.

1) Yes, we are exploit based (Yay !?) and therefore very dependent on console firmware version: Our current plan is to release for firmware version 4.5 while continuing work on a solution for 6.x + after release. (please see note below)

2) Gateway will be shipped with 2 cards, the red Gateway shown in our video, which will handle 3ds backups, and a blue ds cart which will be used to prepare the console. ( more demo videos showing save game compatibility as well as setup procedures to follow soon )

3) Your console can be safely updated to 4.5 by using an original title released after March 2013 till current. Please double check the update message (version) before proceeding !

Note:

We currently have a very convenient and user friendly way to enter into our Gateway mode, while this entry point has been tested up to 6.0 we expect it to be shut off shortly after we release. We can not stress enough the importance of staying away from any further updates! ( 6.0 compatibility is only valid for our initial entry point, as stated in point (1) we currently only support firmware version 4.5 )

2. larkinaddie

larkinaddie Member

3ds firmware has been updated to v6.0.0-x, but gateway 3ds at present just support v4.5, really hope the problem fix this problem soon.

3. Polaris813

Polaris813 Regular member

the release date delay, and only support 3DS v4.5
    not good news i think.
    but who knows, we have to wait until the gateway 3ds released

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  4. Torres008

Torres008 Member

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  5. Frago

Frago Member

most of the 3ds users are at 5.1.0 or higher software now, and the gateway team dont actually give a release date yet. I wont grap one unless it can work on the newest 3ds firmware. And it is only able to run 3DS roms, DS roms are not supported, when it comes to these things. R4i Gold 3DS card is always needed, at least I can play ds games on my 3ds xl.