1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gateway digital cameras

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by kinza, Aug 23, 2004.

1. kinza

kinza Regular member

I have read some reviews on digital cameras and I was wondering if the Gateway line is any good. Reviews say that it is okay, but the low price tag and high pixel amount seems kinda good to me. I wanted a first-hand opinion from a consumer point of view. Does anyone have one of the new Gateway's?

2. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

I have a Gateway DC-M40 and I'm impressed with the quality I get with it. It has 3x optical zoom that works well with the 4 megapixel CCD. I use it as a hobby camera, and it takes the pictures that I need with proper lighting, etc. I would reccomend it, but also look at the major brand names in digital cameras such as FUJI, Nikon and Canon. I've owned a digital camera from all these makers and personally I like the Canon the best.

Cheers!

3. sweetGB

sweetGB Member

I purchased the Canon SD110. It has many features and is the size of a deck of cards. I heard somewhere that Gateway uses Canon parts......

4. kinza

kinza Regular member

Thanks for your help.

5. sweetGB

sweetGB Member

No Problem.

6. kinza

kinza Regular member

7. sweetGB

sweetGB Member

I would steer clear of the Fuji. The reviews were better for Canon. I chose the SD110 over the A75 after reading the reviews on this page....

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

The SD100 is samller and uses a different battery. One think that you can do with the A75 is take pictures in 'raw' mode (without compression lik3 .jpg) Photoshop CS can read these images.

If you have the $$ I recommend the S400. It is a 4mp camera that uses CF memory. The SD110 is 3.2MP and uses SD memory. I bought mine at WalMart because I knew if I did not like it they would take it back at the store....

8. kinza

kinza Regular member

Thanks I'll try the Canon. I was just wondering, is Fuji a bad choice because Canon reviews are better or because of Fuji's expensive xD cards?

9. sweetGB

sweetGB Member

The xD card is one strike. They don't seem do be made as well.....