1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Gauntlet Dark Legacy" CD-R Back up problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jdilla, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

im having problems getting to playback this game, im backing it up with the original game, its a cdrom game, and i burned it with recordnow max v4.50. burned at 2x, neverhad problems burning at that speed. the problem is that it just gets to the part that it has like the gauntlet background, and the copyrights writting, and thats all i get.. than it switches to a black screen, it doesnt even get to the beggining of the movie, or the part of the midway logo. really like mb s game, can someone tell me what im doing wrong? gain im using swapmagic v3.0 cd the game is 591.70mb, ive never encountered any problems loading cd-r's untill this game, just recently made a back up of high heat mlb2004 and works great with smd v3.0, thats why i dont understand why this game wont work. any help please!

2. xzotick

xzotick Member

I had the same problem with that 1. and there is no fix on swapmagicfix.com. i am going to try to use the cogswaploader on there as soon as the site goes back up.

xzotick@YAHOO.COM

3. xzotick

xzotick Member

Hello again,
    was working with the gauntlet game, and you can get it to work if you download the CDLOADER from swapmagicfix.com.BURN IT with alcohol 120%. first put in the SM CD. the change to the cdloader then put in gauntlet and just hit x. will boot up just fine...

Later
    XZOTICK

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

under what submenu did you choose your cdloader, because ive tried the cdloader with this game and it didnt work. what beta did you use to make this game work?? aint it weird that a cdrom game needs cdloader in order to boot up properly?

5. xzotick

xzotick Member

I didnt chose an option on the cd loader...I just put in the gauntlet and hit X. The problem I am having is my ps2 doesnt want to read the CDloader disk. sometimes it takes 4 attempts to start the CDloader. so thats 8 swaps inc swap magic. but after the loader boot gauntlet always runs without slecting any options.
    I am also having trouble starting the game Tak the power of Ju Ju. its a DVD. after the DVD screen it just stays blacks around the edges. any help on why the CDloader doesnt want to load all the time or tak would be greatly appreicated.

thanks
    xzotick

6. xzotick

xzotick Member

Did you ever get Gauntlet to load up?

peace
    xzotick@yahoo.com