1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBA and N64 Emulators for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by vaine, Aug 10, 2007.

1. vaine

vaine Member

I heard there was a Game boy advance emulator and Nintendo 64 emulator in the works for PS2, but I heard this like 5 months ago, isnt there emulators for GBA and N64 for the PS2? I would be shocked if there isnt because PSP emulate them very well...

2. HairyDrum

HairyDrum Member

I second this notion, I would love an N64 emulator on the PS2!

3. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

I read up about this a while ago, as far as a GBA emulator goes for PS2, there was one in the works, but I think it got too difficult for the dev and he called it quits.

And yeah, I've heard how PSP emulates them really well, it's odd that it would be difficult for the PS2. I know the PS2 uses the EmotionEngine, not sure if the PSP does as well, but there might be more at hand here.

Also, this post is in the wrong forum, this is CD backups :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  4. vaine

vaine Member

Did they release a discontinued version to the gba emulator?

And PSP doesnt use the emotion engine. PS2 is really limited man, its such a shame.

5. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

Limited yeah, and hard to code for, as far as I've read anyway :(

Though in Japan, they have a plethora of games, and a lot of them look really great. And I think they have more games with more interactivity.

There is a website that showed the progress and even listed a homepage, but the homepage is down and there is no download available.

http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2boy.shtml

I don't see why the dev didn't make it available for anyone else to try. I understand that it may have been difficult, but I'm sure if he/she made it open source, we may have had it by now.

6. vaine

vaine Member

I see. Hasnt anyone tried contacting the developer? PSP is outdoing PS2. This is a day, I thought I would never see.

7. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

I haven't read of anyone contacting him, I wonder if maybe he has an account on ps2dev.org?