1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBA emu?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by jxt, Dec 21, 2007.

1. jxt

jxt Member

I've been trying to get them to work for a bit now, but none of them seem to start. I've tried the gbsp thing that seems to be recommended a lot, but it doesn't start for me.

I have 3.71M33-4 firmware on a fat PSP. I've been able to get PSX and PSP ISOs to work, but am not having luck with GBA stuff. I copy it into the PSP/GAME folder, and I can see it, but it encounters an error whenever I try to run it. The files I've tried come with a 1.5 version and another version, and I've tried both since I don't know the difference. Neither work.

So yeah, I'm asking here now cause I've searched and followed instructions, but I must be doing something wrong cause it's not working. Any help would be great!

On a sorta side note, after I get the GBA emu to work, I want to try a SNES one. Hints and stuff before I start searching would be awesome.

2. cb0635

cb0635 Guest

have you installed the 1.50 kernel addon

3. jxt

jxt Member

I think I have, I ran the eboot thingie that I downloaded. I have a GAME150 folder, which I think means I have it. Did I do that part right, or did I screw up?

4. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

5. jxt

jxt Member

I think I already had the bios, I dled a couple versions that said it had it. It doesn't seem to make a difference, and I still can't boot the program.

I'm really not getting this, I think I've followed all the steps, but nothing seems to work. Are there certain files I shouldn't have, like cw_cheat or a PSX/PSP game? Am I putting the gpSP in the right place? Should I reinstall the firmware and try again from scratch?

6. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

you need to put the emulator in the GAME150 folder

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  7. jxt

jxt Member

I copied the files into the GAME folder, the GAME150 folder, and the GAME371 folder just to see if any would work, since I had no idea what they were exactly in the first place. Got the same error every time.

Maybe the versions I've tried don't work with fw 3.71M33-4? Anyone have one that they've used, or know works? Or is my fw broken or something.

8. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

9. jxt

jxt Member

Already tried the second one, but the first one worked. Thanks ^_^

Now to figure out snes emu! Should be easier, hopefully >_<

10. GhoStDeth

GhoStDeth Member