1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GC Backups on a wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by DemonSlap, Jul 2, 2007.

1. DemonSlap

DemonSlap Guest

how do i run GC back ups on a wii modded with a wiikey?
    I have US and UK originals and they play okay
    but i cant get my GC Back ups to work, there on GC size & some on Fullsize DVD-r discs, The discs do work on my modded GC (viper)
    so i know they are good dumps..

any ideas anyone?

2. rufusrex

rufusrex Member

I'm sorry, i am not sure. I have about a 50-50 of my backups working. I am using a wiikey, what are you using? I've heard that it has issues with GC games.

3. DemonSlap

DemonSlap Guest

i'm using a wiikey as well

4. thugsrus

thugsrus Member

Ive used both Fiji mini DVD+RWs and Sony DVD+Rs and they both work for my GC backups on the wii... You could try useing different media though you said that the Wii backup works..Have you tried Multi-boot?

5. Demaster

Demaster Regular member

I downloaded a guide a few weeks ago from a forum post a couple of weeks ago & uploaded it here:

http://files.filefront.com/Multi+Game+Wii+DVD+Guide+mpdf/;7955365;;/fileinfo.html

If the guide is erased by an Admin/Moderator just send me a Private Message & I'll send it to you.

Basicly what you'll send up doing is taking the .iso/.gcm of a game, run it through an application to shave/clean off all of the filler data (just so the data can COMPLETELY fit on the dvd), then bundle them all up & toss it into a nice bootable .iso

BTW, I tried it a few nights ago with Donkey Konga 1,2, & 3(JAP) and it worked flawlessly!