1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GC games not working with Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by s500i, Feb 13, 2008.

1. s500i

s500i Member

hey guys my wii seems to be simi brick, it happen after some wii games needed update even though it was already update 3.1u with the new market update. anyway i had it fix with the setup hack all wii games are good but now i notice it wont work on GC games it reads the disk as GC but once it starts it gives me a blank screen, such games as Soul Calibur2 and Super Smash Bros Melee. is this normal for these two games cuz they dont work for the wii with wiikey 1.9g?

2. juniR

juniR Guest

Are they from the same region? In any case ensure you enable region override in the wiikey config settings.

3. s500i

s500i Member

i have tried setup disk 1.3 setting region free and is still no go...

4. s500i

s500i Member

i just tested mario part4 it works just as before but the other two games doesnt is there some type of burning mode must be set to burn it correctly or such program? im useing nero at the moment.

and as for the region of the games one of them should be US the other im not sure

5. johnb1987

johnb1987 Member

This is happening to me with Animal Crossing. It loads the game but does not display the video/picture - I just hear the audio. I've searched everywhere and cannot find an answer.

6. s500i

s500i Member

dude, i fixed my problem. it turns out that having my GC region free on cause the game not to load the video n sound, i dont know why~ after i turn it off with setup 3.1 it worked~
    this is what i did, disable region free on GC and Wii, then my setup disk 3.1 didnt load, i fire it up with the hack 1.2 and reload 3.1 with only wii region free on and GC region free off. this work~ hope it helps