1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GC2-D2B: Quick questions on modding

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Zhaden, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Zhaden

Zhaden Member

i have a GC2-D2B and (correct if wrong) i can use any modchip on my system however my wires are most likely cut and that would require more work (To which i have no knowledge of). Now i was going to just buy a wiikey and have my friend (with reasonably well soldering expierience) solder it on. I dont want to trust him if there are going to complications with my wires and such. So what im asking is is there anyone i can send my wii too to do the job for me or what would i need (as in instructions/tools) for my friend to so the job. Or a place to buy i suppose.

On another note: is it a bad investment modding my wii? Anyone feel strongly against me oing this as there may be updated that auto-brick, etc in the future? I would really prefer to have a non-modded wii rather than none at all so if anyone can help with risks.

Well that wasn't a quick question ant all was it? =P Thanks in advance.

A last question if playing a Jp Game on my NTSC Wii throught backup it will brick?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  2. Zhaden

Zhaden Member

any help apprecciated

3. wii4me

wii4me Member

Get a professional to do the install. It's worth every penny, especially if someone who isn't experienced doinks the install.

As for an investment, that's a personal choice. No one can predict what's going to happen in the future. If you're worried about an auto-brick type thing then you've probably answered your own question. (Don't do it.)

Don't play games out of your region if you don't want to risk bricking. It's not worth it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  4. Davii

Davii Member

Hey guys will this work as an enclosure for the lg 8164b

5. Davii

Davii Member

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=MMEV930295#

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Davii
    Stick w/ one post on your question - not posting in different threads.
    It's off topic in both threads your posted it in.
    You best bet would be to post in PC Hardware>DVD Drives forum.

7. Zhaden

Zhaden Member

Don't play games out of your region if you don't want to risk bricking. It's not worth it.

so there is no way at all to be safe from bricking and attempting to play a game out of your region?

8. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

You can play games of another region if you are careful. Some games will need to update in order for it to run. So if you do then you will brick your Wii.