1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GCN Backup Help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by CAR8624, Jan 21, 2005.

1. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Okay is there any easier way to backup your GCN games without PSO? I've tried CloneCD [overnight] and got a DVD extension instead of an ISO extention. If PSO is the only way, then do I have to register online in order to backup/stream GCN ISO to Computer?

Once streamed to the computer - I am planning to put it on DVD-R Media [to be played on my GCN]. Do I need to convert the ISO?

I am considering getting a Viper Modchip. However I am inexperienced and I have a friend who knows how to solder [not specificly GCN, but arcade machines]. Is it easy to solder [like I have no experience at all] the modchip or is it better if I have someone experienced to solder it?

Reason why I want to use Viper Mochip is because I want to play DVD-R Media on my GCN instead of streaming the ISO to the GCN.

Please help!

2. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

I know nothing about this but, I think you can convert clonecd format to iso with a file converter.

I also tried that dvdrom drive overnight trick and it never even started. I have an old dvd drive. I heard it didnt work, but oh well.

I will say if you have never solder before, dont do it yourself. It is tough and you could likely screw it up. Someone that is skilled could do it though.