1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gears of War strange problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by paul91, Feb 10, 2007.

1. paul91

paul91 Regular member

i bought an original copy of gears of war off a friend the other day and it wont play in my (modded) xbox360. this is strange as i have played original games in the past and my console can also play backed up games as well. when i go to load the game, a screen comes up saying "insert this disc in an xbox360 console" or something like that. also, when you are on the xbox dashboard and at the bottom it normally says something like "play game" but when the gears of war disc is inserted it says "Play DVD"

can anyone help with this?

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

some games do that, gears especially, i think you need to update your firmware. what are you running right now?

3. paul91

paul91 Regular member

if you mean the xtreme firmware then im not sure what version i am as i bought it pre-modded and cant contact the seller :( is there any other ways to get it working?

4. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

ummm, did he give you the original firmware?

5. paul91

paul91 Regular member

i dont think so...all i got was the xbox itself and some games (i bought it off ebay btw and the seller is no longer an existing member)

6. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

hmmmm, i dont know what to tell you, you would need your original firmware to flash it, unless you could get your key from your current firmware, i dont see why you cant, just follow the tutorial to flash, and use "x360sam Xwhatever.bin orig.bin hacked.bin" and replace whatever with what you want to use and current with whatever the name of your current firmware is, just use "mtkflash r /m orig.bin" and keep that as your original firmware

7. paul91

paul91 Regular member

i really have absolutely no idea how to flash an (hitachi) xbox360 but im not going to ask you as i need to search around more - its VERY confusing to me

8. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

oh nevermind, i was assuming since you said extreme you were using a samsung, ignore that then, thats for flashing a sammy drive

*EDIT* use this to flash your drive

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2007