1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Homebrew/Hack Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by haxors, May 22, 2007.

1. haxors

haxors Member

Hey I just downgraded my PSP from 2.71 to 1.5 using kxploit. Now it says version 1.5 in my system settings. The problem is, I cant seem to run any homebrew on it. I followed your guide here with NestarJ. I think i installed it right (or not :p) but now, when I place a nes file that I dled off a site into the folder with the % sign, I get an error message on the PSP.

I hope this was clear enough, ask me if theres something missing. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Edit... to run homebrew u need 2 folder in the game folder. one of them is something like Blah and another would be like Blah% or something like that u put the rom in the Blah folder.

If not...You might have some corrupted 1.50 firmware, try installing 2.0 firmware and run MPH downgrader and then install 1.50 again. or just simply upgrade to 3.40 OE-A. OE is custom firmware for PSP. 3.4 OE-a is like 3.40 firmware with homebrew support. download these files on trusted sites ONLY like psp-hacks.com and pspupdates.qj.net if u download from somewhere else u could possible brick your PSP rendering it useless...

....Darwin's 6 points. Adaptation...i think....

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  3. hodzic

hodzic Member

i agree with vcbc...3.40 oea is the way to go
    cf is so much better because currently the highest firmware game is 3.03
    correct me if im wrong
    so this means you can run 1.5 hacks and play games up to 3.40 and not to
    mention the recovery which has saved me from brickin my psp hundreds of times *only bricked once*

4. haxors

haxors Member

Alright so I just deleted my homebrew (unsuccesful) files and im going to upgrade to 3.4 0e. Ill tell you guys how it went.