1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General PS2 Modding questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by HLaB, Mar 18, 2007.

1. HLaB

HLaB Member

I read about ps2 network adapters only reading 120gb of a hard drive and that you mod them to have them read 120+GB hard drives. Is there any info or faqs about this, or is this not true? I would like to have a 200gb drive installed, I already have it picked out and matched it to be compatible. But I don't want to buy it if it isn't all gonna be read.

Does the quality of the burned CD of HDloader or HDadvance, whichever you use to run the game effect the laser in your playstation? I don't really want to go through the hassle of installing a mod chip just so I won't have to use a cd. But I will if I have to.

Also, can I run movies on my playstation 2 by just putting their files on the hard drive, or do I need a special app like hdloader?

How do you know if your game is a cd or dvd media type when using winhiip? Is it just determined by file size?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers these questions.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

HD Advance 3.0 will support up to 200GB, just check a PS2 hard drive compatibility chart for brands and models that are shown to work.
    Then there is the modchip option, if you had a DMS4 Pro SE chip installed it has everything you need to run a hard drive even larger than that, mine is currently running a 250GB. Up to you. 200GB should be plenty for most people.