1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Questions

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by silent14, May 16, 2011.

1. silent14

silent14 Member

Hey I need alittle help I've been using Auto GK for a really long time and its a great program but I need to find something more updated, now I've tryed all the mainstream stuff and personally I think its just snazy gui's but the rest of it is bad. I've also tryed handbrake but I prefer xvid. Can anyone recommend a very gd DVD to xvid converter but one that lets you choose all your options like filesize and so on.

I would just use Auto GK but sometimes on certain movies the sound is out of synch and I just cant figure out how to fix it :(

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. attar

attar Senior member

If the out of sync is from a ripped DVD, it almost always is caused by a bad rip.
    DVDFab HD Decrypter followed by FixVTS is how I would go.
    A good alternative to AutoGK is StaxRip.
    I use it to process OTA recordings in batches - overnight as scheduled tasks.

3. silent14

silent14 Member

Thanks buddy will give it a try. That staxrip program is messy and weird I will stick to Auto Gk

4. attar

attar Senior member

You can select a template that suits then tweak it as required - that's how I started.

5. sunshyne17

sunshyne17 Member

i have a lil question it may besilly but i need to know .. can you tell me is a mp3 disc like a cd or dvd disc ???? please dont laugh :)

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

websearch what an mp3 is & next time start your own thread

usubscribed

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

sunshyne17, hijacking another member's thread is a forum rule no no so should start your own thread. mp3 is file format of the songs not of the cd or dvd tho both can handle mp3 songs.

8. theParody

theParody Member

I have similar problems with old software no longer living up to my current needs. I'd like to find something that converts a DVD to a single Divx or Xvid file, with superior image quality, and that's capable of keeping the audio synced with the video, all regardless of protection that is written into the DVD.

Price is not an issue, but I don't want to be paying for too much more than what I need (listed above). I've tried some trial versions of different software, including CloneDVD paired with AnyDVD, but haven't yet been able to find what I'm looking for.

I don't want to copy DVDs onto new discs, I just want to store all my videos onto my hard drive.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011