1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generic WIFI adapter

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Dethh, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Dethh

Dethh Member

Hey guys,
    I just got me a 360 (after much though whether to get a 360 or ps3 i got the 360 because of the amount of exploits it already has.. and yes i am going to pay for the games:)

ok.. so my question is.. other than the MS wifi adapter, is there another brand which will work the same?

thanks for the advice..

2. caliph

caliph Guest

yeah i have the Logitech Play Link. It works the same as the official MS wireless adapter, but the logitech is about half the price. You dont even need a router to use the play link......just connect one transreciever to your 360's ethernet port and the other to your router/dsl or cable. I got mines from ebay for like$45 since they dont sell it in the store anymore. It works perfectly with no lag, but its maximum range is only 100ft.

3. Dethh

Dethh Member

Hmm thats an option..

but man i find it hard to believe there isn't a linksys or dlink atapter that doesn't work with the 360.

I'de like to add a question if i may (i'm hijacking my own thread)

I have a samsung plasma which supports 720P or 1080i.

Now on the back it has HDMI, component and a 15pin VGA input.

what will give me better resolution the HDMI or the VGA, as i dont think there is an xbox HDMI adapter.

thanks again

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

not sure about your tv question, but there is a linksys gaming adapter and a D link one as well, both can be found at walmart, and im sure you can get them at best buy

5. caliph

caliph Guest

yeah what mike said........theres only a few wireless device that would work withthe 360. i have a wireless usb adapter for my pc and i hoped that would work with my 360 but to no avail. as for your tv, connection im not to sure...

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

As a format HDMI is cleaner... But I don't know that I've seen an HDMI connector for the 360....

7. Dethh

Dethh Member

How come?
    don't you find that weird?

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

the new xepher is rumored to have HDMI, lets just hope it happens