1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genuine vs. Clone?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by badger22, May 28, 2010.

1. badger22

badger22 Member

Hi Folks,

Just a few questions regarding a Genuine Dreambox vs. a Clone? I'm looking to get a Dreambox that is reasonably priced(i'm a poor student moving into a new house with my girlfriend), there is a satellite on the house that was connected to sky. I'm looking for PVR capabilities, Hard Disk Expansion and High Definition. I also want to be able to attach my portable hard drive with my TV collection on it.

Should I be looking at the Dreamox800?
    Should I be buying a genuine Dreambox or a clone?
    What are the advantages/disadvantages of a Genuine Dreambox vs. a Clone?
    Is software harder to get for a clone?
    Are they more likely to break?

Most importantly who are trusted dealers with good prices?
    I am living in Ireland.

Thanks,
    Badger.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. badger22

badger22 Member

If it is going to cost me another 100 euro to get HD, I might drop it. I have never actually seen HD TV. Is there much difference? Would you miss it if you didn't have it?

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  3. scandalou

scandalou Guest

all dreambox's are clones now...they all come from china...as for breaking down,you get what you pay for....the technomates,500 and 600 series are really reliable and no glitching...as for hd,unless you've a really grand led or lcd tv,not worth it...

4. badger22

badger22 Member

Hi Scandalou,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have been lurking around forums trying to learn about DB's and PVR.

Would anyone be able to point me towards a reputable dealer?

Thanks
    Bad.