1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genuine Wiikey Help...Trusted places to buy?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by rog2e, Dec 25, 2007.

1. rog2e

rog2e Member

First off Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone. Has anyone heard of a shortage or difficulties getting genuine Wiikeys? I'm assuming this since the website had been down for weeks now. But the following has been my experience at least with Sky2k.com.

I purchased my genuine Wiikey from Sky2k.com a couple weeks ago with no problems. I even bought a couple other things because they were good and quick. Last week I ordered some wiikeys from Sky2k for gifts and low and behold they sent me clones. They even had the nerve to send this fake looking Wiikey sticker that came outside of the sealed chip packet. The stickers were some cheap knock off of the one that comes sealed in the genuine chip packets. First off I should say that Sky2k is based in Canada but the chips came directly from Hong Kong because that is what the printed on the customs sticker on the enevlope. Someone from Hong Kong just put a Sky2k.com return address on the envelope. My guess is for this particular order Sky2k puts some order out to some dealer in Hong Kong and whoever in Hong Kong sent me clones. Which means no quality control from Sky2k.com. I e-mailed Sky2k something to the effect of I didn't get the wiikeys with the genuine stickers and that I believed I had clones. The things that pissed me off was when I e-mailed Sky2k their response was, we'll send you new stickers. Do they think I'm stupid?

Anyway needless to say I don't want to install the clones because of the bad stories I've read and especially because these will be gifts. Can anyone recommend a place to purchase from and how recent you ordred. Being that wiikey.cn is down I forgot who else was on their authorized sellers list but I'm now leary of that list since Sky2k.com was on that list. I'm in the United States.

Thanks

2. bengalfan

bengalfan Guest

I just ordered a premod from them a few days ago and they said it will have a wiikey and not d2ckey. I hope the same does not happen to me. I will have to oper her up and let everyone know whats installed.

Bengal

3. Bayrak

Bayrak Member

4. Bayrak

Bayrak Member

5. Raptor22F

Raptor22F Guest

Defo man, I had mine chipped a few months ago and the guy said its going to be a wiikey job - Last week my wii stopped taking backup games, so I opened it and its wiimagic that was installed... Sometimes u just cant trust these people......

6. LilNguyen

LilNguyen Member

I really suggest buying from Foundmy, although their site is sort of slow. It is worth the wait. I've ordered a Wiikey, which is real. It was only $26, that's including the Wiikey, soldering kit, and tri wing screwdriver! Their shipping is 8.00 and it comes to you in about 1-4 days ( I got mine in 2!). They even accept PayPal, which is pretty good, if you don't get it, contact PayPal and they'll give you FULL money back. I hope this helps.

7. Samikox

Samikox Member

Sorry I had to comment on this post. I highly discourage you from buying from foundmy. The first product they sent me took 2 weeks and we live like 1 province away? Their site states they will send out in 1-3 days I believe, well I got my delivery confirmation in 6. I tried them again and they didn't even send the product. I had to dispute it with paypal. Check resellerrating and look them up if you are curious, they have a rating of less than 1/10.

Anyways besides that I cannot help so much. I can tell you that I had purchased a genuine wiikey from modchipman, however, after the whole modchip raid before it seems as though they don't have anymore o_o. I can also tell you that I had gotten a wiikey dealextreme for my friend, not sure if it is real or not. But I installed it in my friends wii and it works perfectly, even with all the updates (SMG included). They are out of stock but you might be able to try kaidomain, which uses the same supplier.

Good luck with getting a wiikey though! It is worth it :D