1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get 5 free blu-ray movies w/ ps3 puchase?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by samh_08, Jul 25, 2007.

1. samh_08

samh_08 Member

i was just wondering if this was a scam or something. also, do they just need the UPC code off the ps3 box or do we actually have to cut it out and send it in? same question about sending in the receipt because i kind of want to hold on to that for warranty sake. thanks in advance

2. sayc0002

sayc0002 Member

No scam, the rebate is on the Buy.com site. Unless you think Buy.com is crooked..

3. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

Okay, I just got back from a local wal mart and I picked a form (coupon) for the 5 Free BLU-RAY movies. The coupon/form looks exactly like the form on that you can get from this link http://www.bluraysavings.com/SumBndl_CanTrSht_1R1.pdf
    The only difference from the 2 form aside from the mailing address is on the form/coupon that I got from Wal Mart its actually states that photocopies acceptable- which makes sense as you need the original receipt for in store warranty purposes. Hopes this clears up the confusion :)

4. rahula

rahula Member

I saw the coupon on Amazon site. It doesn't say whether original bar code or original receipt. I think bar code must be original but you can send the copy of the receipt. HD dvd players is doing this also. At one point if you buy pricy LG HD dvd player,you get 10 HD dvd movies. I am going with Blu-ray format.

5. samh_08

samh_08 Member

this is what i kind of thought was going to happen...no one really knows for sure exactly how you do it. i dont want to mail off the stuff i think i need then find out in 4 months that they got the wrong stuff and i wont be able to get my free movies. so if anyone has done this sucessfully or knows for sure what needs to be done, that'd be great