1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Rid of the Login Screen...Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by sandman42, Mar 18, 2007.

1. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

I have been trying to do this for awhile....I installed some of the new updates for WinXP and When I did this Now I get the Login Screen...

I only use ONE Profile on my Computer and that is mine without a password...

I tried to use Tweak UI for WINXP but it always resets so that it says "Welcome" ad then it goes into the Login screen where I have to click my name...

How can I get rid of this screen so my computer just loads up to the desktop?

2. bkf

bkf Guest

3. whompus

whompus Active member

None of those seem to mention what has happened here. When you installed the updates the .net framework update has likely setup a .net user account on your system that is not needed. So the system see it as more then one user account and wants to know which one to boot into.

You can simply go into user accounts in control panel and delete the .net user account and it will ask you if you want to remove the files associated with it. Tell it to keep the files but remove the account and reboot. Should then boot up like it did before the updates.

4. bkf

bkf Guest

Your right: I forgot about those accounts. Good you thought of it!

5. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Thanks a lot it worked after the 4th option I believe...Crossing my fingers.

6. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

"If" the .Net user account doesn't show up in the control panel, a second way of getting rid of it:

Start, Run, type in control userpasswords2

Find the .Net user account and click on Remove.

Third way: Go into the Computer Management section, find Users, and you'll see it on the list...you can remove it from there as well.

7. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Dam...this thing is still not working...It keeps popping up with this screen...

[​IMG]

I tried TweakUI...I just my computer to load up without ANY POP Up login boxes or that Welcome Choose User Screen...

I tried TweakUI it worked like ONE TIME and then when I tried it just now I held down the Shift to stick it in Log In Automatically...still gives me issues..

Please help

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  8. ripdox

ripdox Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Here's an illustration with pictures of how to bypass login,it pretty much says the same as the links above,you'll have to more than likley undo tweakui settings as well as any others you've done as it may cause conflicts with each one trying to do the same thing ??? also you did'nt delete .net1.1 did you?? as .net2.0 is not a replacement it's supposed to be used in conjunction with 1.1 as is .net3.0

http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050905_automatically_login_windows_xp.html

10. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Still Not working this is what I Have...

Can't get rid of this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

12. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Plz Help

13. Xian

Xian Regular member

Go to Start then Run, Type
    control userpasswords2
    Select your account from the list
    Uncheck the box that says Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
    Click Apply

14. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Did that I use the Gus Account but why doesn't this work?

15. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

I have it done look at my pics...

What do I do the Login Screen still comes up...

http://server6.pictiger.com/img/72543/picture-hosting/mmore.jpg

http://server6.pictiger.com/img/72544/picture-hosting/more.jpg

I did all this...I set a password and everything...But still gives me the login screen so when I turn my Computer on I get the Blue Login Screen with GUS on it and i need to click on my name to open my computer...I want to be able to bypass that screen so that my computer loads all the way to the desktop and stuff without having to click on that stuff....PLEASE HELP

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  16. jony218

jony218 Guest

And you may not need to download Tweak UI to log on automatically, depending on how your computer is set up. Windows will skip the Welcome screen and log you in as soon as it starts up if you meet these 3 requirements:

1. The "Use the Welcome screen" option is checked
    2. There is only one account on the computer (i.e. Yours)
    (for hard to delete accounts a.open control panel/adminstrative tools/computer management/system tools/local users and groups/users b. delete the account from here.
    3. The account has no password
    That's how my computer is set up
    Actually without installing additional tools you just open Start | Run and type 'control userpasswords2' which will pop up showing a list of your users, you click on the one you want to automatically login, then you uncheck the box at the top and then it'll ask you to enter the password(if no password just leave blank) and re-enter it and that's it, auto-login. Reboot computer and it should work.