1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getaway black monday problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pooface, Jan 18, 2005.

1. pooface

pooface Member

I have actually had this problem with two games, one is black monday the other is mortal kombat deception. I have burned the game successfully using verbatim dvd's and dvd decryptor (I've done lots of successful backups already with this method) I put the game in the PS2 and it just keeps attempting to read the disc. It doesn't give me a disc read error, or a please insert a ps2 disc screen it justs keeps trying to read the disc. With deception I could get it to work after reseting the machine a couple times, all my other backups work great, anyone have any ideas as to why black monday wouldn't work.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I had that problem before and it was because I was burning at 2x. Burn at 1x if possible. Did you just get the mod chip installed recently? Maybe you knocked your laser out of alignment when you put it back together. Maybe media's the issue. Are you using the correct format (+ or -)? RW's usually don't work so don't even try them. I use nothing but Ritek G04 media, they are very good. I've heard that Verbatim is good, but try different media. Other than that, I don't know unless you give me more info. If you're using Swap Magic I don't have a clue, I've never used that.

3. pooface

pooface Member

I burn at 1X and I've never had a problem with my other backups just these two, Verbatim has always worked well for me. I don't think it could be the laser because all my other backups and originals work fine. I was wondering if it may be something about turning off the mod chip, I read somewhere that by holding down the eject and reset buttons you could turn off the mod-chip, I didn't really understand it but do you think that is the problem? I don't use a swap magic. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

4. andone

andone Member

yes, I've had a similar problem with this game. I burned at 1x and the game loaded but while playing the game would just go black and keep trying to read.

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Type in your chip model number in google and try there. Different chips have different ways to turn them off.

6. yellows

yellows Member

Seems like yo uare doing everyhting right. Since its only 2 games that don't work I thin kit might be just 2 bad disk or something happening to the burn. Try re-ripping these games and re-burning them again at your current slow speed and current good media. i think it was jus ta fluke. Stuff like this happens from time to time.

7. andone

andone Member

yes, I've tried backing up this game on a sony dvd-r and like I mentioned the game screen went black. Well I recently re-tried backing up the game on a taiyo yuden 8x dvd+r and it works flawlessly... Just make sure you are using good media.

8. pooface

pooface Member

Thanks for the help I will try reburning it as soon as I can.

9. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  10. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

11. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

my copy works fine , b/c i thaught this game would suck i burned at 4x on quality media (didnt want to wait 24 minutes) and the game works perfect, i cant talk about the original..

12. fgs5635

fgs5635 Member

It will be your media. I use Taiyo yuden dvd-r for 95% of my backups and they work fine. But certain games just don't work on dvd-r on my ps2, so then I change to taiyo yuden dvd+r and they work. I have a ver 7ps2 and its the same on my mates ver4 ps2. If your using good quality -r disks and it doesn't work, then try +r disks (if your ps2 plays them). I find that most games by EA won't work on my -r disks, but all work perfectly on +r disks.

13. pooface

pooface Member

I burned it again using tdk dvd+r and nero instead of dvd decryptor, everything worked except during cinematics the voices are way off, any idea why this would happen? I'm not to worried about it though because the gameplays fine, thanks a bunch for all the help and suggestions.

14. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

try alcohol 120% , mine copy morks perfect and the voices and movies are the best thing in the game so u better get that fixed.

15. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

16. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

well all i can say is rebuild the iso, maybe that will take care of sound/movie skipping , i dont believe the game has any dummy files , but again my copy works perfect , i am at chapter 8 , still no skipping.